RV Length
?
Chassis
?
Engine
none
TOW/TOAD
?
Hi. I'm mike form socal. I am thinking seriously about getting a travel trailer. I am mostly new to RV's but have a little experience. I used to camp out of a transport trailer that I kept my dirt bike in. Then I owned a small travel trailer for about a year when my kids were very young. Sold it because I did not want to pay storage indefinitely to camp twice a year.

My current purpose is to live in while working all over the place and looking for a new place to move to. I hate living in cali but not sure where else to go. I may also live in the trailer while I build a home. My work allows me to relocate on short notice to many locations in every state for as long as I like. I have a one tom work truck that can tow anything. But I prefer to keep the bed available for tools, bikes and long term living comforts. Therefore, I feel a travel trailer is more suitable for my needs than a 5th wheel.

The things I think are most important are long term sleeping for 3 in separate beds(no need for all those king bed hotel suites), hot showers for 3 for as many days as possible before having to dump tanks and top up, and eating. I don't want to be able to just sit around and hang out for days on end without going outside. Eat, sleep and shower is the priority. It would be nice to be able to sleep up to 6 total so the family can camp from time to time but not long term. Just a worm and comfortable place to sleep and take some showers and cook.

I would like to be able to do this in the smallest reasonable package. I do know how big an ask that is and I can accept reality. IK am just stating what I want so I can get the most constructive feedback. I also don't know if I should look for new or used. I do know the price and availability has gone wild since the covid bs hit the scene and that it complicates thangs significantly.

Well, now I am off to start reading the forum. I greatly appreciate any shared wisdom from all you veterans.

Hi. I'm mike form socal. I am thinking seriously about getting a travel trailer. I am mostly new to RV's but have a little experience. I used to camp out of a transport trailer that I kept my dirt bike in. Then I owned a small travel trailer for about a year when my kids were very young. Sold it because I did not want to pay storage indefinitely to camp twice a year.

My current purpose is to live in while working all over the place and looking for a new place to move to. I hate living in cali but not sure where else to go. I may also live in the trailer while I build a home. My work allows me to relocate on short notice to many locations in every state for as long as I like. I have a one tom work truck that can tow anything. But I prefer to keep the bed available for tools, bikes and long term living comforts. Therefore, I feel a travel trailer is more suitable for my needs than a 5th wheel.

The things I think are most important are long term sleeping for 3 in separate beds(no need for all those king bed hotel suites), hot showers for 3 for as many days as possible before having to dump tanks and top up, and eating. I don't want to be able to just sit around and hang out for days on end without going outside. Eat, sleep and shower is the priority. It would be nice to be able to sleep up to 6 total so the family can camp from time to time but not long term. Just a worm and comfortable place to sleep and take some showers and cook.

I would like to be able to do this in the smallest reasonable package. I do know how big an ask that is and I can accept reality. IK am just stating what I want so I can get the most constructive feedback of technoblade merch store. I also don't know if I should look for new or used. I do know the price and availability has gone wild since the covid bs hit the scene and that it complicates thangs significantly.

Well, now I am off to start reading the forum. I greatly appreciate any shared wisdom from all you veterans.
This is really a great piece of knowledge that you’re sharing with us.

This is really a great piece of knowledge that you’re sharing with us.
Why reply at all if you can’t provide some valuable input to help the guy out?

My suggestion is to buy used as it may take owning a couple different floor plans to really understand what works best for you.

I would like to be able to do this in the smallest reasonable package. I do know how big an ask that is and I can accept reality. IK am just stating what I want so I can get the most constructive feedback. I also don't know if I should look for new or used. I do know the price and availability has gone wild since the covid bs hit the scene and that it complicates thangs significantly.

I bet the Coachmen Freedom Express Select 28.7SE would be a good fit for you (or at least a starting point to look at and see what else you may need or want).

Buying used is nice because it lets someone else take the hit on depreciation and sort out all the fabrication issues with the dealer or manufacturer. However, you have to get very lucky that the trailer you want is for sale when you want to buy and it's been well maintained.

Latest resources

Back