Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
What 3D CAD program do folks with 3D printers use for design. Looking for Freeware as I need to design (document) a small part to get "Printed" with ABS. The part is a mounting surface for a small electronic controller. It is a simple rectangular part 2" x 3.25" with a 100 degree bent flange, 1.125" deep, along the bottom edge along the 3.125" edge. 1/8" thick with ends capped at an angle for strength.

Sample

============
============
============
============
============

=
==
===
====
=====

I use Fusion 360 by AutoDesk. I started with TinkerCad which is a web based tool. Tons out there, find what you like the best. 3D CAD has a steep learning curve, it's not easy but if interested you can learn it. YouTube is your friend, as you know.

I have a draft of the design in Fusion. I am struggling with filling in the top with a mounting surface with a 3.175mm thick surface that covers the entire plane. How do I attach a Fusion image?
mounting bracket2.png

Last edited:
Probably have to use separate components and then join them. You would convert the existing body to a component, add another component, etc. The AutoDesk Fusion Facebook group can probably help you far better. I'm dangerous enough to get by!

Ok here is the part. Anyone interested in Printing in ABS or other hard plastic for a reasonable sum + shipping? I'll forward the Fusion image to you.

mounting bracket.png

Come on @Joe Goodxrvn - order that printer :) You've got the bug now! It doesn't stop here!!!

it's on the list.....

Found a local printer for this project. Appears a bit rough but should work for intended purpose.

5CD05514-64C6-42D0-BACC-52B61D4FCC6C.jpeg
514E6D9D-A7A0-4262-BCF4-2A8C8B58FE40.jpeg

Looks kinda like the “slicer” was also a dicer. :ROFLMAO: As long as it works for the intended purpose, it is good, however.

TJ

A few minutes with some sand paper
57127397-24B7-4967-9CA3-BF0A29B7868F.jpeg

Latest resources

Back