Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mgoodin08

RVF Regular
Greetings all! We just purchased a 2005 Itasca Sunrise 30ft Class A with the Chevy/Allison drivetrain. Excited to get out and spend some time in it. First stop will be Moab/Arches. We are very experienced 4WD dispersed campers (we are more than "leave no trace" campers- we are "leave it cleaner than the way you found it" campers ;)) campers but not in an RV but would like to boondock a bit.
I'm very nervous about taking this rig off pavement but as long as it is a well maintained, flat, not sandy dirt road I will.

So looking for exactly that in the Moab/Arches UT area: very easily accessed boondocking spots. Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated.

I saw several travel trailers (25 - 30 foot trailers) camping off 191 on Willow Springs Road (additional entrance into Arches National Park that requires 4WD to complete), but at the beginning of the trail before the road gets bumpy and what not. Once you get a third of the way in the road gets a bit rough and there is one large ledge passed the Dinosaur Tracks that you need some ground clearance to navigate (wouldn't drive passed this point or even to the Dinosaur tracks without a 4WD high Clearance vehicle - see the pic of it below). The entire trail runs into Arches and is about 8 miles, but from what I remember the first half mile or so is just a dirt/gravel road til you hit the area for dispersed camping on BLM land. You can call this number for current conditions 435-259-2100. On the other hand, after I visited in July there was a huge flood in Moab, so this may have changed the trail condition some, just an FYI. The GPS coordinates for the entrance off 191 are N38 41.807 W109 41.913, the wife, kids and I stopped here for a little while to explore and used the trail to enter Arches National Park to escape the long line, we navigated it in our Lexus GX460 4WD.

1676840008767.png

1676841328915.png
1676841371852.png
1676841409688.png

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back