RV Model
45 OP
RV Length
45'
TOW/TOAD
TBD
Fulltimer
Yes
I own a 2015 Tiffin Allegro Bus 45 OP and want to upgrade the solar it already has. I am not technical; I do not wish to do it myself. I'm looking for a reliable company that can help me plan what I need and then order and install all of the necessary items. Do you know of such a company?

There are a few good shops and mobile folks that do a good job. My comment is that you should be sure the installer is familiar with your brand and model. The installation of my solar setup, which was done by a very reputable shop did a fair amount of collateral damage along the way. Bent a basement door hinge by using the door as a crutch, shorted the basement light power lead by snagging the power wire on a drill bit when drilling a hole, stringing a wire too close to the exhaust pipe, dented the roof ladder by backing into a garage door that was not fully open, etc.
The shop’s typical installation was on trailers, not power 13’ tall 40’ motor homes. Many of the issues were due to unfamiliar territory.
I asked to be reimbursed for the short they caused, no question he sent a check that day for the full cost of repairs.
the rest I chalked up to my education costs.

There are a few good shops and mobile folks that do a good job. My comment is that you should be sure the installer is familiar with your brand and model. The installation of my solar setup, which was done by a very reputable shop did a fair amount of collateral damage along the way. Bent a basement door hinge by using the door as a crutch, shorted the basement light power lead by snagging the power wire on a drill bit when drilling a hole, stringing a wire too close to the exhaust pipe, dented the roof ladder by backing into a garage door that was not fully open, etc.
The shop’s typical installation was on trailers, not power 13’ tall 40’ motor homes. Many of the issues were due to unfamiliar territory.
I asked to be reimbursed for the short they caused, no question he sent a check that day for the full cost of repairs.
the rest I chalked up to my education costs.
Thanks Joe, good advice.

Latest resources

Back