Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jpowell

RVF Regular
I haven't camped in a camper since I was a child but I remember loving it. Looking to buy my first camper... Any suggestions for a first timer. Figured I would start small and grow later. Pop up? travel trailer?

My first trailer was a 25' Forest River Tracer Executive. I loved it. You need to look at many to see what floor plan you like best, and what is built to your standards.

Welcome to RVF, @Jpowell; glad to have you join us. My suggestions are to (a) find a floor plan that fits your needs and (b) match your selection to the tow vehicle so that you can be safe.

TJ

The first thing I would suggest is do some research on your tow vehicle. How much weight can it safely tow? What accessories if any will you need? Brake controller, mirrors and so on. There's no use looking at something you aren't able to tow.
You will be limited primarily by weight and your budget.

Figure out what will work for your family, find a style you like and do a ton of research on it a long time before you ever go look at one. Dealer support and reputation are unbelievably important during and after the sale. NEVER trust your salesperson. Always be the smartest person in the room.

Latest resources

Back