Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Looking to stream TV and don`t know what is better.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

knied1

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Georgetown
RV Model
335 DS
RV Length
33;
Fulltimer
No
Hi all,

I am currently streaming TV and have used the Hot Spot on my Phone, but my phone is a work phone and i want to use an option that i can add data to.

I have the Wineguard 360+ and it is pre-wired for the GW1000 router. Heard the GW1000 has a very limited range and have been hesitant to pull the trigger on it. recently I was at my local RV Dealer and saw the Travelfi Journey1.

Has anyone had any experience with these?

Where i would be looking to use it is a fairly remote area where Antenna TV and most Radio stations do not work, but Cell Phones are not an issue.

Thank you,

Hi all,

I am currently streaming TV and have used the Hot Spot on my Phone, but my phone is a work phone and i want to use an option that i can add data to.

I have the Wineguard 360+ and it is pre-wired for the GW1000 router. Heard the GW1000 has a very limited range and have been hesitant to pull the trigger on it. recently I was at my local RV Dealer and saw the Travelfi Journey1.

Has anyone had any experience with these?

Where i would be looking to use it is a fairly remote area where Antenna TV and most Radio stations do not work, but Cell Phones are not an issue.

Thank you,
One might assume that since there are no responses, very few people on this forum use or are familiar with this product. You might want to take a look at the Mobile Internet Resource Center website to see what technology is available.
Good luck in your search & safe travels.

Yes, this topic is well covered and, though the specifics in terms of plans may change, the general concepts of components remain the same...for now.

I explain a very good setup that will serve the majority very well; while being fairly reasonable in terms of cost layout.

Have a watch at my video; hopefully it'll help you.

WiFiRanger, which is now owned by Winegard has a new router, the Osprey, that is designed to be plug-compatible with the Air360+ and which is a significantly more advanced, dual band (2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz) device. You might want to consider it as an alternative. You can read about Osprey here: Osprey - WiFiRanger

After looking at reviews, the Osprey may or may not work in remote areas.... I am planning to use it in a remote area.......since it is the most expensive option out of the three I can eliminate that one.... far too risky to spend over $400 (including tax and shipping) plus what ever I choose for my provider to only have to throw it out because it doesn`t have the range.... Too bad they don` t have reconditioned units for sale, or even rentals to try before purchasing..... looks like the TravelFI is the smarter, less risky option.

TravelFI will refund the money I spent on the unit if it doesn`t work. They wont pay me back for the Data I purchased, but will give me back the $229 that I spend on the unit making the risk far less than either of the Wineguard options.

thanks all for your input

I don't want to rain on your parade, but...... If you plan on using any cellular device in remote areas you always run the risk of of weak or non existent signals for any given/all cellular providers.
Many of us that depend on internet connectivity have multiple data plans. Even in non remote areas, cellular connectivity can be an issue when there are more users than the carrier provided for with their towers.

I understand what your saying, that is the point behind my post, and stating that what ever I spend is at risk of not working. Also its why i asked if someone had experience with the units, hoping to use their experience to gauge my level of risk.

The Wineguard products state that they need to be within 1 mile of a cell tower to work properly.
TravelFI states that they use more than one provider`s towers for their service, and since the hot spot works on my phone they "BELIEVE" their unit should work, and if it doesn`t they will buy it back from me...... Thus me saying that the TravelFI is less of a risk then the Wineguard options...... and TravelFI is much less cost than the Wineguards.

Streaming is becoming the wave of the future, and I`m sure Technology will catch up with demand shortly.

Too bad they don` t have reconditioned units for sale, or even rentals to try before purchasing..
The Osprey product was introduced ~2 months ago. There aren't any re-conditioned units yet, even if we did engage in selling such items.

After looking at reviews, the Osprey may or may not work in remote areas..
None of the WiFiRanger products, including Osprey, contain cellular amplifiers. Therefore, they will be no better at receiving a cell signal than will your phone or a hotspot.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back