Chassis
Freightliner XC
Engine
Cummins 8.9
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
Yes
Greetings all. I have a 2016 Thor Tuscany 40DX with a loose drivers mirror mount. From the inside it looks to be attached by 4 screws from the outside. I can't see how to get the chrome trim off to gain access. Anybody run into this before? Not a lot of info out there. I just want to take care of it before it gets worse.

You might see if YouTube has any videos for this.

My Holiday Rambler has a shaky passenger side mirror. T tried to remove the chrome cover on the base but there is no apparent way to get it off. But if you look inside the generator compartment when you pull the generator out there us a big lag bolt that threads into a piece of 2x4 wood that it part of the framework of the front cap. It you take a pair of vice grips you can turn the lag bolt and tighten it into the wood. This tightens up the mirror base. Maybe yours is the same design?

Greetings all. I have a 2016 Thor Tuscany 40DX with a loose drivers mirror mount. From the inside it looks to be attached by 4 screws from the outside. I can't see how to get the chrome trim off to gain access. Anybody run into this before? Not a lot of info out there. I just want to take care of it before it gets worse.
On my Monaco I had that problem, had to remove the large arm with mirror from the bracket and the chrome cover slipped right off exposing the 4 lag screws

On my Monaco I had that problem, had to remove the large arm with mirror from the bracket and the chrome cover slipped right off exposing the 4 lag screws
How did you get the large arm with the mirror off the bracket?

Bolt on bottom side

Attachments

• 8859D64C-74CD-4CA4-AB27-D51D8751AACE.jpeg
    8859D64C-74CD-4CA4-AB27-D51D8751AACE.jpeg
    617.3 KB · Views: 24
I'm assuming there is a cover over that bolt that also must be removed?

Here's what my Holiday Rambler mirror arms look like. Very similar to your Monaco I'm sure since my coach was made by Monaco. You say to remove the small circular cover that will expose a bolt. Remove the bolt then I can remove the mirror arm? After the arm is off I can remove this chrome cover over the base? That is where I'll find the lag bolts that go through the fiberglass front end cap into the 2x4 wood on the inside of the generator compartment?

I could never figure out how to get the chrome base cover off. The screws were all hidden. Look at the last picture. This is the tip of the lag bolt coming through the 2x4 inside the generator compartment. I used a pair of vice grips to turn this screw to tighten it. I couldn't see the other 3.

Attachments

• IMG_1797.JPG
    IMG_1797.JPG
    421 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1799.JPG
    IMG_1799.JPG
    805.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1801.JPG
    IMG_1801.JPG
    824.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1804.jpg
    IMG_1804.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
I see that my mirrors have the same bolt behind that hole plug. didn't see that at first. I haven't had the time to mess with it yet but I'll get to it soon.
Thanks ya'll

Latest resources

Back