Freightliner
Engine
400hp
TOW/TOAD
2007 CR-V
Fulltimer
No
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has had this issue. Late last year I found a few wheel weights in my driveway and suspected they were from the Ventana since they seemed too large to be from our Hondas. When I went to Gaffney (December) for my yearly checkup, I asked them to check the wheels to see they could visually see if I was missing any, which they did, but didn't find places where they could be missing. Today, after pulling it out for our monthly exercise, I found a strip of 4 on the driveway... I didn't feel any vibration or anything unusual, but it has me curious. Do I go to a truck/tire shop and have them rebalance the wheels? Or just have them put on a set of Centramatics and not worry about it? I will probably get tires next year, or 2025 at the latest...

Anyone ever see this before?
Thanks
Rich

Attachments

• RV Weights 001.JPG
    RV Weights 001.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 5
Honest! I put bb's in my wing tires and never had a better smoother ride!
I vote for/ the Centramatics, they work.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has had this issue. Late last year I found a few wheel weights in my driveway and suspected they were from the Ventana since they seemed too large to be from our Hondas. When I went to Gaffney (December) for my yearly checkup, I asked them to check the wheels to see they could visually see if I was missing any, which they did, but didn't find places where they could be missing. Today, after pulling it out for our monthly exercise, I found a strip of 4 on the driveway... I didn't feel any vibration or anything unusual, but it has me curious. Do I go to a truck/tire shop and have them rebalance the wheels? Or just have them put on a set of Centramatics and not worry about it? I will probably get tires next year, or 2025 at the latest...

Anyone ever see this before?
Thanks
Rich
May be time to go with Centramatics. I'm on the fence, the correspondence with getting them was a bit flaky. Emailing someone, he CC'd me to a sales guy to contact to order them. Ummm nooo, if said sales guy is on the email you contact me, which said sales guy never did so I never moved forward.

I just replaced all my tires and had them bead balanced, very pleased with results. I can clearly see where the old weights were, you should be able to as well.

I just replaced all my tires and had them bead balanced, very pleased with results. I can clearly see where the old weights were, you should be able to as well.
Hi, dumb Canadian here, but I have not heard of bead balancing till about a month ago. Do they really work? All new to me, will need to change tires on my Bay Star in a couple of years and may have to try them. Safe travels.

Hi, dumb Canadian here, but I have not heard of bead balancing till about a month ago. Do they really work? All new to me, will need to change tires on my Bay Star in a couple of years and may have to try them. Safe travels.
Yes, they work quite well. I have them in my 22.5" Toyos. Watch this video:

I used to have bead balancers until I encountered a problem checking the air pressure. The beads get caught in the air stem valve core and would not stop leaking until I shot some air into the stem.
I now have Centramatics on all three axles. Smooth ride.

I used to have bead balancers until I encountered a problem checking the air pressure. The beads get caught in the air stem valve core and would not stop leaking until I shot some air into the stem.
I now have Centramatics on all three axles. Smooth ride.
I can see that happening, only reason I went with bb's was I couldn't find the beads. Had bb's recommended so I bought some and put them in. The bb's did the same job. For the record, they didn't work on radial car tires.

Thanks all for the responses. I guess I will just drive it and see how it goes. We don’t take any long trips anymore anyway, so I figure I cant hurt much if I am not sensing vibrations or odd tire wear.

I will look into centramatics and also someone who will put them on for me in case I find more weights in my driveway. :)

Still open to opinions.
Rich

Latest resources

Back