Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Anievesmd

RVF Newbee
While moving my keys to our Windsport vanished. I got a new ignition set, how can I get a replacement set for the coach?

Welcome to RVF, @Anievesmd; sorry it has to be under these conditions. Have you tried the manufacturer (Thor)? Otherwise, contact a qualified locksmith (not a key grinder; a real locksmith). It likely won't be cheap, but a good locksmith can usually make a key on the spot.

TJ

While moving my keys to our Windsport vanished. I got a new ignition set, how can I get a replacement set for the coach?
I hate to fuel fear but here I go. Ask everyone you can around you to try there keys in the RV. Truth be told there are few keys for a grand number of RV's

Locksmith was not able help with the door but with ignition.
Quite honestly, I would have to say i don't think your "locksmith" was a skilled "LOCKSMITH." I have seen a skilled locksmith make a key for a car door lock in about two minutes flat. He just used a key blank, a small file and his knowledge of locks.

A skilled locksmith understands the internal workings of hundreds of different locks and can identify the proper key blank to start with without seeing any codes. And, he can make a key by feel. Sadly, these skilled locksmiths are getting harder to find. Look for an older guy (maybe, woman) who has been in the business fo 20-30 years.

TJ

Latest resources

Back