Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Riaraquel

RVF Newbee
Hi y’all , I’m newer owner of a 1984 Toyota dolphin, and unfortunately lost the ignition key. I’m wondering if anyone would be willing to bake me a copy of theirs or info on how to get one cut.

I have been trying to figure it out for a couple weeks now and no one can help me and I have to move it. I was just hoping someone here could give me some advice on where to get one cut or who to call or what to do I would greatly appreciate it. if you cut me a key I’ll be happy to pay you a wonderful reward plus you would really bechelping a good person out. thank you so much for your time

Hello @Riaraquel, I suggest contacting a locksmith or Toyota and see what they can offer for assistance.

The problem with someone making you a copy of their key is that it may well not work. Toyota likely used at least several different key sets on that year chassis. As @Neal suggested, contact Toyota. Have your VIN # handy and they might be able to search their records to find the information needed to replace your key.

Worst case, you may have to replace the ignition switch to get a new set of keys.

Good luck.

TJ

Sorry that happened to you. Did you check above the visor :)

The problem with someone making you a copy of their key is that it may well not work. Toyota likely used at least several different key sets on that year chassis. As @Neal suggested, contact Toyota. Have your VIN # handy and they might be able to search their records to find the information needed to replace your key.

Worst case, you may have to replace the ignition switch to get a new set of keys.

Good luck.

TJ
Thanks for the info and advice . So far no locksmith or dealership can help me . They all say it’s to old. Currently looking for the ignition part snd even that is a challenge. I do appreciate the advice though !!

Latest resources

Back