Adventurer
RV Length
Chassis
Chevy P30
Engine
454 Vortac
Fulltimer
Yes
I did a quick search online and in the forum here and it says it would be the pressure regulator but I don't have a inline regulator connected in between the hose and park connection. Pressure is low in the both kitchen and bathroom sink and and outdoor shower, is there a regulator that's built in that could need replacing?

Hi.

Had to dig into your profile to see what rig you have.

Not knowing your setup, in terms of filtration, it’s entirely possible to have sediment that’s gotten into your system and plugged your screens up.

Hi.

Had to dig into your profile to see what rig you have.

Not knowing your setup, in terms of filtration, it’s entirely possible to have sediment that’s gotten into your system and plugged your screens up.
Sorry thought I had my rig info in my profile, I thought about that as well, but I was thinking of screens that go on the faucet themselves, is there another I need to check? There is also a water filter under the sink that came with the rig, I haven't bothered with it since it's so old, but I was wondering if that might have something to do with it.

How is the pressure when using water pump?

I would definitely change the filter under the sink, which may only be for a separate faucet located by kitchen sink. Seeing how you say bathroom pressure is also bad it won’t fix your problem completely.

I would suspect the inlet water connection port, where the hose is attached. There is likely a screen and a check valve just beyond the hose thread.

Sometimes water pressure is low at campgrounds at peak times, are you sure it's not them? I have one of these which allows me to test CG water pressure:

Otherwise think through your path of the water and check any filter, screen, etc. including aerators on the end of the faucets which typically unscrew.

You MUST change out those old filters…no matter what is going on here. Most of the RV community would agree that drinking filters shouldn’t go much more than 6 months with full time use; a year at the longest.

Like Neal says, a gauge is useful. You already told us the the park pressure is good. So, given you don’t have an inline regulator on your rig, then you’ve got a plug up in your lines.

Faucet screens and shower mixing valves are notorious for getting sediment and dropping your flow to nothing.

If you haven’t seen them, please check out my videos (rv squared) on soft water and 3-state filter systems. It’s the best thing you can do to keep things flowing smoothly. ;-)

You MUST change out those old filters…no matter what is going on here. Most of the RV community would agree that drinking filters shouldn’t go much more than 6 months with full time use; a year at the longest.

Like Neal says, a gauge is useful. You already told us the the park pressure is good. So, given you don’t have an inline regulator on your rig, then you’ve got a plug up in your lines.

Faucet screens and shower mixing valves are notorious for getting sediment and dropping your flow to nothing.

If you haven’t seen them, please check out my videos (rv squared) on soft water and 3-state filter systems. It’s the best thing you can do to keep things flowing smoothly. ;-)
We didn’t touch the filter because we don’t drink from the tap, I think there is some kind of pressure regulator where the hose connects to the rig, all I know is when I press it, water comes out of the fresh tank how do I know it’s not that? Nevertheless I’ll check out your videos it can’t hurt to try it. Thanks

Latest resources

Back