Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Changing life circumstances...

It is looking like more away time is in my future due to extended family needs. How do you and with which group do you manage mail with over extended periods?

I'd prefer a local Florida group which appears to limit it to St. Brendens, or possibly Escapee or MYRVMail. Any experience or other suggestions with these groups or alternatives?

Most things are completed online but there is mail that needs to be managed by hand.

Thoughts? Experience?

Joe

We have been using MyRVMail since we started full-time RVing 6 months ago and find it works well for us. We watch to see the envelope scans to determine when enough has been accumulated to have a batch of mail sent to us. We don’t have them open or scan the contents, nor do we use their check deposit option.

We have found MyRVMail easy and intuitive to use, reliable and happily recommend them to others.

Dave

I’ve learned that if your going to be a one location for an extended period of time that you can just have your mail forwarded by the post office for up to six months.

I also use USPS Informed Delivery. I get an email every morning which contains images of the mail that is scheduled to be delivered that day. It keeps me aware of what's in the mail.

Last edited:
We use iPostal1.com. Locations all over the US.

We like it. Under the hood it’s actually PostNet, which has locations all over the US. It’s a little pricier but we absolutely needed an address in Prince William County to avoid property tax on the RV and maintain the geographic pay bump from my company which would have gone down in most other locations so it more than pays for itself.

If you are still maintaining a permanent sticknbrick residence then the easiest way is to either place a hold on your mail and have a relative pick it up every so often, or have it forwarded. We have used the USPS informed delivery for over a year and it is fairly accurate with the daily emails.

We are fortunate and have a good friend who resides in Florida. She lets us use her address as our own legal address. What little mail we get she will hold unless it is something we really want/need. She can either open it and send it to us by iphone or actually forward it to us.

We have used St Brendan Isle since 2017, of course we are ft. Been very pleased.

Like many full-timers we use a mail service in SD as our legal residence but very few items of significant mail really ever end up there. We also have a site in Rockport TX which we own and there we use a local mail service for our mail and Amazon deliveries. The small ownership park we live in doesn't have a formalized mail handling system and having a mail service gives us piece of mind that our numerous delivery parcels won't go astray. In addition, when we take the MH off on summer jaunts our mail is held safely until our return. Our TX mail service doesn't do mail forwarding, but we rarely need that for the months we are traveling.

I maintain a S&B so I have a relative scan the bills, trash the junk. If something needs to be sent to me, which is rare now, I'd arrange that. If I couldn't find a relative to do it I'd pay the neighbors kid to pick up the mail and have it shipped at some interval, paying the kid and paying for the shipments of course. I wish mail would go away! No reason EVERYTHING is not electronic these days.

Latest resources

Back