Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Marking the basement door that contains the Fire Extinguisher?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Joe Hogan

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4311
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Thinking about putting a label on the basement door where the fire extinguisher is located. Is this just inviting trouble or is it useful information....? BTW I leave that door unlocked when stopped or camping...

fire extinguisher label.jpg

Last edited:
Keeping the basement door unlocked makes the fire extinguisher readily accessible, if needed, and saves the door and lock from damage of a determined thief ... :)

Maybe you don’t need a door, maybe just a good clamp that won’t drop the extinguisher on the road, but would still allow you to access it quickly. Then you could easily mount one under the bottom of the coach behind the fiberglass, at the front and rear.

i don’t see much room for additional doors on my coach

Here is the install on my RV

fireextinguisher.jpg

What I am thinking to do is place the label here

doorwarrow.jpgdoorlabelinstall.jpgSomething like this "photoshop"

Last edited:
when traveling I also keep a med kit in this bay but typically move it to my car when in storage.

How will you prevent it from locking? Or will you?

What happened to the fire extinguisher that Newmar mounted just inside your entry door?

I assumed 90% of all RVs were sold with these, or at least everyone I have owned came with them. I carry two additional ones (one in the lower storage and one in toad or tow vehicle) in addition with the ones that came with every RV we have owned.

What happened to the fire extinguisher that Newmar mounted just inside your entry door?
Still there. For me to gain access to the fire extinguisher in the door way takes time, open the lift, get on , get inside, etc... This one is ready to deploy almost immediately.

I am considering one for the tow and one for the bedroom. Both good ideas.

The basement doors on this RV are manual, turn a key to lock and unlock. No fancy buttons...

Latest resources

Back