Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Marshall Meyer

RVF Newbee
Hello: I'm about to order a Newmar Newaire but am quite concerned about the DEF issue. My concern centers around the obvious inconvenience of spending time on repairs during a trip or of being stranded. I spent the entire day today speaking with Newmar reps as well as Cummings and Freightliner. They all passed on providing an acceptable solution. Should I just wait until conditions improve?

Not sure on your dilemma but welcome aboard.

Welcome to the forum. Yes there has been DEF sensor issues with some improvements in the situation more supply and software work around giving relief until available pat secured. These would be covered under warranty but still some inconvenience getting it into a repair facility. Ordering new coach should ensure you have latest sensor (Spartan is gen 7)

Thanks for the response Bill and Lisa. I spoke with a Spartan tech and he told me the same re. the Gen 7 sensor. He feels it is better but still might have occasional issues. I'm undecided about the security of buying the Newaire and having issues that I've read about.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back