Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

McGeorge's Rolling Hills - Camping World (2021)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
As some know, I've not had the best experience with this dealer AFTER the sale, i.e. getting service. Not able to get service to answer the phone, unable to leave a message, when able to leave a message no call back, etc. etc. As my usual go to couldn't take me for a VA state inspection due to current work levels, I tried calling them, they answered, they were kind, they scheduled my inspection. Yesterday I had the inspection, in fact I was running a few minutes late, I called, they answered, all was good. The service/inspection went well, happy to see things may have turned around here and I may in fact give them a chance again going forward.

This message was not written under duress (please send help).

Its all a ruse to lull you into a false sense of euphoria, whereby you trade for a new London Aire. Tread carefully.....

Its all a ruse to lull you into a false sense of euphoria, whereby you trade for a new London Aire. Tread carefully.....
I'm waiting to see if @J&JD order their LADP first. I heard someone here used her voodoo doll on their DEF head to try to lure them into the LADP cult. Not naming names...

So ironic. I’d previously always had good experiences with them until just recently, and you’d previously always had bad experiences with them until just recently.

A little over a month ago, we were on our way to Cherry Hill in DC to drop off the coach for storage, while we stayed with family and helped prepare for a wedding. We called ahead to McGeorge’s and asked if they would mind if we parked the RV there for a couple of hours while we ran into Richmond as we always love exploring that city and there is a pho restaurant my wife loves.

We’d done this same thing just a year prior and previously McGeorge’s had no problem at all with it. Certainly, we also made purchases in the retail store as I’m no freeloader and believe in supporting businesses that are willing to accommodate me when they don’t have to.

The gentleman in the phone said no, we couldn’t park there. I said it was no problem last time and that we’d certainly come into the store and purchase some things. He said, it’s just not something they can do.

So instead, we stopped at a rest stop south of Richmond, I unhooked the truck and the wife took off in it to go get her pho soup, then we met back up at another rest stop on the north side of Richmond, hooked back up, ate lunch and continued on our way. Did the same thing on the way back south.

So we won’t be going there anymore. Amazing how one bad first hand experience can sour you on a place so quickly.

Based on what I saw in downtown Hood River, OR you should have just parallel parked your coach in front of the restaurant :)

I think that would have been problematic in Carytown. Anyone who can parallel park anything bigger than a golf cart in Carytown deserves a medal just for getting in there.

The real question is whether or not you partook in the MegaWash around the corner @Neal

The real question is whether or not you partook in the MegaWash around the corner @Neal
I thought about it as I'm the most disgusting Newmar on the road right now. Washing is on the to-do list for tomorrow.

Yeah, probably better that you stay out of that thing with the 74 antennas you have on the roof

I thought about it as I'm the most disgusting Newmar on the road right now. Washing is on the to-do list for tomorrow.
I don’t know about that @Neal, we finally picked up our DS from Freightliner yesterday. After a month in their yard poor Tiny is a mess. Good news is that everything in the coach seems to be in good working order!??
And, no, despite voodoo pins in dolls we are not in the LA market………yet.

Latest resources

Back