Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
If you want to cook meat chicken fish etc perfect meet “Meater”. It’s Bluetooth thermometer that is wireless connected to an app on your phone. I was impressed. Did a pork loin on the grill tonight. Wow. Delicious. No more well done charred leather. You will impress your dining companions. Available at Amazon and select cooking stores.
1646878927999.png

We have the iGrill2. Works great.

Meater is a very nice unit. I like the wireless feature but have wondered how it would work inside a metal enclosure like my pellet grill. Any thoughts or experience with that aspect? Oh, and what kind of battery life on the probes? Some of my pellet grill cooks are overnightears.

We use a ThermoWorks Signals four-probe unit with the pellet grill/smoker or covered gas grill and it does a great job for us. It does have wired (rather than wireless) probes, however, but that hasn’t been an issue for us

Wow. $299. I paid $20 for this wired four wire probe at Wal Mart that's been working pretty well for over a year. Thinking I'll stick with that.
f3018b19-61b8-477d-b850-8578d6f209d9_1.a3ef1563781f2e3dc1eb959395212337.jpeg

That's just me though.

I made a pork shoulder on my smoker yesterday with the meater and it did a fantastic job. The battery never got close to running out. It’s the only way to cook meats fish or poultry using one of these or a similar product.

I bought this Cuisinart multi-purpose pellet grill/smoker right after this thread was last current. (This one: SMK0036AS )Normally almost $600 marked down to $175 I couldn't resist. Almost a year later it still works great. Bonus is that it came with two built-in temperature probes AND Bluetooth communication to an app on my phone to track cooking times. I basically only need my $20 four way temp probe for the gas grill anymore.

So is it just me, or is right at $300 more than a little high for just a Bluetooth thermometer gadget?

We have been using this one.

Inkbird 6 Probes Bluetooth Grill... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HWF373K/?tag=rvf01-20

Works well - app on the phone to watch individual probes and the portable instant read that comes with the set works well too.

The large multiple probe unit and portable are both rechargeable as well.

All for $70.

the meater I purchased was $70. I don’t need all the extra stuff or extra units.

I'm impressed with the ambient temperature specs for the probe with internal electronics and battery. I do wonder how they do that (and what the useful lifetime of it is).

I used the meater about 3 times and sent it back, not impressed. The probe and the receiver had to be inches apart, like put the probe in the meat and the box had to be on the shelf outside the door, so it would overheat, and then the bluetooth to my phone also crapped out half the time. For the money I wasn't happy.

Latest resources

Back