Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Took a drive from Pagosa Springs to Durango then to Ouray. I was supposed to have a few days in Ouray but had to cancel due to an RV issue and bypassed it and went to Pagosa Springs. Having come out this way from Virginia I wasn't going to miss the scenery. Thanks @ARD, the former CO resident, for the nudge to drive from Pagosa to Ouray and possibly even to Telluride and back. I skipped Telluride and made it a day trip up and back. It's about 3 hours from Pagosa Springs, I'll call it 3-4 back as I stopped so many times to take pictures! Fall colors are beginning, which I didn't expect, a welcome surprise. A week from now it's going to be prime viewing.

Bucket list drive - no other way to describe it. Absolutely spectacular (okay, I described it again). Amazing, breathtaking, must do, OMG, so pretty. Probably the prettiest drive and scenery I've seen in the United States. The drive itself was not a big deal. One section a few miles south of Ouray it looks like the road/cliff broke off which was scary. Saw plenty of trucks, motorhomes, RV's, etc. I would not have an issue with the motorhome on this route other than just being in the way of everyone else on the inclines.

I'm glad my Nikon D850 actually outshot my iPhone 12 Pro Max (better color and contrast). I'm still learning to use the camera but I'm getting closer to doing better with it. Some of these pics are from the Nikon (first few) and some from the iPhone. Enjoy....

DSC_0135.jpeg
DSC_0138.jpeg
DSC_0139.jpeg
DSC_0142.jpeg
IMG_4354.jpeg
IMG_4356.jpeg
IMG_4364.jpeg
IMG_4368.jpeg
IMG_4370.jpeg
IMG_4373.jpeg

Very nice. We spent nights in Alamosa, Durango, and Ouray this weekend.

Yes, that is a very cool road. Wouldn't want to do it in the rig because I would miss too much and it' less stressful in the toad.

Curious of the Durango - Silverton narrow gauge is still running? Thats a trip I’d like to take.

Latest resources

Back