Freightliner
Engine
Cummins ISL450
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
Ever get those floors all heating?
Intermittently. But now I'm back to just the rear.

When we arrived at this park, I leveled and opened the FWS. When the slide got to where it starts to drop down into its intended position, there was a horrible crunching sound, and suddenly the whole thing dropped several inches. It sounded horrible and the nearby visitors at the park came over to see what had happened.

I found a set of rollers (in the bedroom) that are meant to keep the FWS off the tile as it comes to the transition point and starts to drop down. Apparently the rollers were attached in the wrong spot on the slide, and they bound up, causing the slide to hang on one side while the other side continued to lower into position. When the pressure got severe enough, the rollers shot out like a cannon ball, and that side of the slide then fell into its intended position.

A mobile tech called Newmar and confirmed that the coach had just recently left there, and that the rollers were apparently incorrectly installed when Newmar worked on the slide. With the slide raised up you can see that there is also another set of the rollers that are missing. Who knows were those are, or if they ever were installed. Just know that they're not there now.

Newmar has an ticket open now, and when we return home I'll contact them and see how they want to handle it. But from what I understand, and this is only from talking to the mobile tech, Newmar has indicated they will pay to have it repaired. I'm told that the slide has to be removed so be able to attach the rollers in place, so it doesn't look like a simple repair The positive side of this is, and well find out tomorrow, that the missing rollers shouldn't have a negative affect on opening/closing the slide. As I said, we'll find out tomorrow when we try to bring the slide in.

But yeah, the one floor that I had fixed, stopped working just after the slide issue. :-{

When we arrived at this park, I leveled and opened the FWS. When the slide got to where it starts to drop down into its intended position, there was a horrible crunching sound, and suddenly the whole thing dropped several inches. It sounded horrible and the nearby visitors at the park came over to see what had happened.

I found a set of rollers (in the bedroom) that are meant to keep the FWS off the tile as it comes to the transition point and starts to drop down. Apparently the rollers were attached in the wrong spot on the slide, and they bound up, causing the slide to hang on one side while the other side continued to lower into position. When the pressure got severe enough, the rollers shot out like a cannon ball, and that side of the slide then fell into its intended position.

A mobile tech called Newmar and confirmed that the coach had just recently left there, and that the rollers were apparently incorrectly installed when Newmar worked on the slide. With the slide raised up you can see that there is also another set of the rollers that are missing. Who knows were those are, or if they ever were installed. Just know that they're not there now.

Newmar has an ticket open now, and when we return home I'll contact them and see how they want to handle it. But from what I understand, and this is only from talking to the mobile tech, Newmar has indicated they will pay to have it repaired. I'm told that the slide has to be removed so be able to attach the rollers in place, so it doesn't look like a simple repair The positive side of this is, and well find out tomorrow, that the missing rollers shouldn't have a negative affect on opening/closing the slide. As I said, we'll find out tomorrow when we try to bring the slide in.

But yeah, the one floor that I had fixed, stopped working just after the slide issue. :-{
And we all want Newmar !!! WHY ????

And we all want Newmar !!! WHY ????
Well, stuff happens and no company is immune from having issues. It's the manner in which they handle those issues that determines they kind of company they are. I'm not upset, stuff happens. :)

Ever get those floors all heating?
To be honest, I'm beginning to wonder if maybe they're set on a schedule in Silverleaf. This thought came to me early this AM when I noticed the primary/secondary heat had shut off and the coach was getting cold. When I looked at the climate control, the heat in all rooms, was set to 38*, but when I went to bed I had set it at 70*.

A bit of reading in the Silverleaf manual and I see where the primary/secondary heat, as well as the floor heat (on rigs that have heated floors), can be set on a schedule. Which is apparently what was going on with the primary/secondary heat. I had noticed it the night before too, but dismissed it as something strange, but not something that was needing my immediate attention.

So far, I'm not seeing any way to modify the floor heat schedule on my Silverleaf display, although the picture in the documentation shows it can be done.

attachment.php

When we arrived at this park, I leveled and opened the FWS.
I notice you said level then slides. I got this from Newmar to deploy slides before level. Below is what Newmar sent me after questioning the policy of slides before leveling.
Deploy Slides.jpg

@Neal please merge posts 999 - 1004 from the "Where were you with your Newmar" thread into this new thread. Thank you!
Posts merged and thread moved to Newmar Owners Club @Jim

@Jim can Newmar get you into a dealer along or near your travels instead of having to get it up to Nappanee? Maybe North Trail or NIRVC Atlanta?

I notice you said level then slides. I got this from Newmar to deploy slides before level. Below is what Newmar sent me after questioning the policy of slides before leveling.
View attachment 16373
I understand. But skipping down to bullet point #4, they say to level if you need to get a proper reveal around the slide. Also, I use the Valid Air Leveling system, not the jacks. So I think I'm within Newmar's guidelings.

@Jim can Newmar get you into a dealer along or near your travels instead of having to get it up to Nappanee? Maybe North Trail or NIRVC Atlanta?
There is an NIRVC near Atlanta that I'm shooting for. Will call tomorrow.

If you have Newmar arrange the appointment you're more likely to get in. If you call then you'll get in the 3-6 month line. I had to do this when under warranty, Newmar seems to be much more effective in getting in for services.

Latest resources

Back