Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
There are several threads on different technologies for internet usage. Most of us are using some combination of Peplink and cellular service. I have posted in the past about testing performance using "fast.com" and others like to use "speedtest.net"

Turns out, there is a reason for using both.

Speedtest.net will give you true internet speed results, appearing to be data only. This is how fast emails, pictures, downloads, and general websites will come in.
FAST.COM will give you streaming media speed results, appearing to be streaming Netflix.

Many in the past have reported "slower" numbers when going to fast.com. I have finally figured out why that is.

Mobile providers are reducing quality when you stream media, limiting you to 480p or 720p. Depending on the service, you have options to turn this off on your account.

For T-Mobile, you have to go into your online profile and enable "HD PASS"
For AT&T you have to disable "Stream Saver"

I am not sure what it is called on Verizon.

If your plan is not eligible to have this disabled, then you are going to be limited 480p streaming, unless you want to go thru the trouble of setting up a VPN, which is another topic all together.

Thanks Redbaron. I'll see if I can make these changes. I have T mobile and AT&T sim cards in my Peplink.

Latest resources

Back