Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Wildlife8831

RVF Newbee
Hi, so we just purchased a 1996 , the engine is sound and so far mechanical good! BUT!! Mold! Ceiling is moldy,walls, etc.. the ceiling is carpet!! Is it a total loss?? Do we redo? The guy really pulled a fast one on us!! Long story on how he did it, I just don’t know if we should spend the money to redo, is it worth it??? Of sell and start over?!?!
ty Sue

It all depends on just how long that mold has been there. If it’s just the surface materials, it might be worth a cheap remodel. Otherwise, I’d say you should start looking into scrapping it and maybe consider hiring a lawyer. Did you by chance have the RV inspected prior to purchase? Was this dealer purchase or private party?

Private party!! He got me good! It wasn’t inspected prior! It was supposed to have been, but he lied about that also! I torn some of the wall stuff off in the bedroom and it’s wet underneath

The best thing you can do for yourself right now is put on a mask, start ripping it apart and take pictures.

you’ll need those pictures if you plan to pursue litigation.

taking down everything that has moisture or mold will also allow it to start drying out.

It’ll also give you a sense of the scale of the problem and whether or not it’s worth trying to correct.

Mold can be pretty bad stuff; be careful. You will need a good, filtered mask and protective clothing in order to work on the RV safely.

If it were me, I would be talking to the consumer fraud agency in the state of purchase. And, I would let the seller know I am doing so. Sorry that you got stuck this way.

TJ

Latest resources

Back