Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

northcoastagility

RVF Newbee
Hi all - I have a 2012 Monaco Monclair 29pbt and the rear slide out in the bedroom is stuck out. I think there is a larger issue with power (the lights are dim and flicker - 12V and the 12V also runs the slides). So, I cannot get the back slide in and I cannot locate the slide motor. I have looked under the bed and only found the fresh water tank and water pump motor. from the outside you can only see 2 cables - no ratchet mechanism or external place to engage a manual override. So, help! Any suggestions? Do I need to pull back the winterizing underneath to find the motor or a work around? I need to get the slide in so I can take it to the repair shop to figure out the electrical..... sigh. Thanks all.

EDIT: Okay, I found the motor - it is up behind the trim above the bed. So, I got that figured out (it doesn't help that Monaco Montclair's didn't develop up schematics) and unplugged the electric, and then racheted in the slide. So, that's good. :) Now to get it to the mechanics to figure out what all the weird electrical stuff is that is going on.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back