• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

divewithme

RVF Newbee
I’m getting ready to replace the tires on my 09 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43’
I’ve been doing some shopping online and came across a online sight called MOTORHOMETIRES.com
I cannot find anything from BBB
or any online reviews about this company at all.
They have great prices, claim to ship tires to your chosen address, then schedule to have tires installed at your location at no additional cost.
Seems like a perfect service to provide.
I’m just concerned I cannot find any information about this company.
Has anyone out there done business with them, or even heard of them?

Read their "about us" page they may talk about their affiliations.

Welcome to RVF, @divewithme; glad to have you here with us.

I have never heard of motorhometires.com, but it is an interesting business concept. My concern would be the installer. When I buy tires, a big part of the equation is the quality of work done by the shop crew installing them. And, high-quality tire shops make a lot of their profit on the install side so wouldn't want to get involved with an online tire seller that would want to keep costs low.

Not having a choice of installers would be a deal-breaker for me, regardless of how good the tire price was. YMMV.

TJ

Never heard of them, my concerns would be what are the date code on tires being supplied? Reason you may get such a good price is these tires may be 2-3 years old by the time you get them. I agree with @TJ&LadyDi about installation. Sometimes you get what you pay for and I want good quality tires under me.

I use a local light truck service center with an excellent reputation. I don't mind them earning profit for excellent work, so I buy the tires from them.

I checked their price on Michelins to match what my MH came with. They are $1,500 more than FMCA pricing for 6 of the same tire.

I have the same concerns. I have gotten a good price from them and they claim to have the tires in stock but I have no information about their reliability and the bbb report for their “sister organization “ provided no information. I am concerned that this is an internet scam.

Latest resources

Back