RV Model
ID31RL 237
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax
Fulltimer
Yes
Hello.
We are new to full-timing, so we don't know a lot yet about how to find preferred routes. We do use an app with our rig details in order to avoid low bridges and narrow roads etc, and we've been happy with it. We were hoping to downsize our heavy rig this spring, but work calls earlier than expected and we're thinking of heading to Arkansas from Alabama. We will be going from Athens, AL to Russellville, AR. The Ozarks make me a bit nervous. I'm wondering if there's a series of highways we can look into that may avoid a difficult pull as much as possible. We can do mountains, and we did some in TN near Lawrenceburg and in Land Between the Lakes. However, I'm not sure how that will contrast with heading toward the Ozarks. Ultimately, we'd like to end up in London, AR, but I was told the campground there, Hillybilly Haven RV Park, is 6 miles up a mountain. I'm not sure if that's a steep fast climb or a low and slow. Any info appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I live close to Russellville, we go down to Lake Dardanelle a lot. You will have no problems going to London Arkansas, it is only a few miles from Russellville, just off of I-40. Not sure where the campground is that you are going to. I would not worry about it. Very nice area, great be views of the Arkansas River and My Nebo. Do not go up MT Nebo in your Rv...... But, do go to the top....

One last thing, the park you are going to is easy to get to, you will be fine. Come up to Fayetteville while you are in the area. Happy trails..

IMG_20201104_173150360.jpg

Nice

Latest resources

Back