Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Hdlinda

RVF Newbee
Does anyone know of RV insurance that covers rodent or mouse damage to wires? Has anyone had this issue and what did they do about it? We currently have a heartland bighorn with the OneControl feature. After 11 months the One control quit working and we were unable to close slides or turn on lights or switch hot water heater from electric to gas etc. The mobile tech guy found that it was a mouse that had chewed through the wires.

I had a couple mice a few years back. Fortunately, only one wire was chewed. I spliced it back together. If you found the damaged wires, perhaps you can slice them together or have the mobile tech do so. Just match up the colors.

Respectfully. Now tell me if I’m wrong. You’re trying to find a company to cover your pre-existing claim for rodent damage for new insurance? I would recommend, without judgment. Fix it yourself, get some same sized marine grade wiring and heat shrink ancor marine connectors. Buy a marine spec crimper and a heat gun. That can be fixed with less money than your premium would cost and you will learn something in the process. Just saying. It can’t be that bad and at most can be repaired to like new condition in the matter of hours. Lesson learned, insurance is placing mouse baits to eliminate them if they get in. I have some experience with mice/rodents, eliminate harborage, food and water and they won’t be there.

Latest resources

Back