- Jul 27, 2019
- Midlothian, VA
- RV Year
- RV Make
- RV Model
- Ventana 4037
- RV Length
- 40' 10"
- 2017 Chevy Colorado
The process to move your AT&T Mobley SIM to a Pepwave router or similar product is simple but has very specific steps you must follow. Do this wrong and you could render your Mobley SIM locked permanently.
- I prefer live chat but you will need to contact AT&T and get your Pin Unlock Keys PUK1 and PUK2. PUK1 is the one you'll be using PUK2 as I understand is like a master key
- Remove the SIM from your Mobley and install into your Pepwave cellular router
- Power on the Pepwave unit and ensure the Cellular row is in the Priority 1 slot so it will attempt to connect to the network. I am not sure if you need to enter a dummy code in the SIM PIN input of the Cellular Details section, I would suggest just enter some text such as "password" into that field. Click SAVE.
- It seems in the multiple times I've done this that just moving the Cellular to Disabled and then back to Priority 1 doesn't work. So you'll want to let the unit attempt to connect and then pull the power cable out. Put the power cable back in and let it power up and attempt to connect again waiting a few minutes and do this FIVE TIMES. If you do this TEN times you could cross the threshold for a permanent lockout. So do this FIVE and only FIVE times.
- After #4 above is complete remove the SIM and put it back into the Mobley. Connect to your Mobley using the Admin web site option in a browser connected to the Mobley WiFi and you should not be prompted to create a PIN CODE. This is GOOD! Enter an 8 character/digit PIN CODE and don't forget it. Keep it simple!
- Remove the SIM and put it into your Pepwave
- Go to the Cellular Details screen and enter the PIN CODE you created and then click SAVE
- You should now be able to connect to the AT&T network.