RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4047
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CR-V
We are now parked at the Guaranty RV campground. Came down for a couple of minor recall issues. Scheduled in the shop on Tuesday.

On the way down, things went south. The inverter quit so the reefer/freezer wasn’t running. Then, the cruise control quit. Arrived at the park to find that the step isn’t functioning right; jerking convulsively when retracting.

Did I mention that both windshield wiper blades are also failing? The rubber is coming loose...and, in a heavy rain squal.

And, the park wi-fi is down, so this is coming via my cell phone.

Time for bed!

TJ

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4002
RV Length
40’10
TOW/TOAD
2015 Jeep Trailhawk
Sorry to hear that. You are at the right place to get those issues resolved. Hopefully in short order it will be fixed and all will be good.

Jim

RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
Phaeton QTH
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock
On the way down, things went south. The inverter quit so the reefer/freezer wasn’t running. Then, the cruise control quit. Arrived at the park to find that the step isn’t functioning right; jerking convulsively when retracting.

Did I mention that both windshield wiper blades are also failing? The rubber is coming loose...and, in a heavy rain squal.

TJ
Well, that sucks. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Go have some tacos and a beer. maybe a Margareta.

You're actually pretty lucky. Hate that it all broke but better that it happened on the way to Guarantee and not afterward on the way home.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Not how RVing is supposed to be and this certainly takes the fun out of it. Hope your pit stop can get you fixed up and on the way soon!

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Glad you made it in one piece. Sounds like a real buzz kill. As @Jim said, at least it happened on the way there and not the ride home.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4369
RV Length
43’ 9”
TOW/TOAD
2016 Colorado
Fulltimer
Yes
@TJ&LadyDi

Sorry to hear your coach is infected with the COVID-19, these coaches like to be used. Glad you’re where you are so hopefully it will just be a bad start to a great trip.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4047
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CR-V
The coach is at the service shop right now. “Fantastic Sherry” has her crew on it a day early and she is hopefull that all will be fixed by tomorrow...including the Oasis that would not deliver hot water this morning. Probably a failed pump. I have spares, but in the interest of time (and my old body), I have elected to throw $$$$ at the problem.

TJ

Last edited:
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4018
RV Length
40’
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Sherry, Phil & Devin will fix you up no sweat. Unfortunately it sounds like mucho $😩

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4047
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CR-V
Sherry, Phil & Devin will fix you up no sweat. Unfortunately it sounds like mucho $😩
They have been doing their best! Got a call a little bit ago saying Oasis is fixed; bad pump as suspected. Step is working again. Wipers replaced, along with headlight bulb. Making progress.

We passed along your best regards to Sherry and she was pleased.

TJ

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4047
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CR-V
Today was a much better day at the office! Guaranty RV's "Dream Team" (Sherry and Phil) got us back on the positive side of the ledger. Phil spent the afternoon scratching several things off the list.

He replacing a failed Oasis circulator pump (yes...the traditional problem one) and says it was replaced with the new style pump. He also got the inverter working, but SilverLeaf still doesn't know it. Looks like a SilverLeaf problem rather than an inverter problem. The SL control panel says the inverter is "Off" and shows no current draws; but the refrigerator/freezer happily chugged along most of the afternoon with no AC connection. Go figure!

Phil has sent his findings and diagnosis to both Newmar and Silverleaf for consultation. Hopefully, we'll have some information in the morning. Fortunately, SIlverLeaf is just a few miles up the road from Guaranty RV so if software or a new module is needed, it should be easily available.

He also managed to clean up and lubricate the entry step, so it appears to be working again though neither of us think the design is good and is probably subject to future issues. Putting a sliding apparatus using ball-bearings in a track in an environment open to road spray is asking for trouble!

Headlights and wipers have been fixed per my previous post.

So, we're down to the cruise control issue and the normal annual service and minor recall stuff that we had originally scheduled. Glad we got here a day early and could get on Phil's work schedule for today to get a bunch of stuff done.

Guaranty RV's service staff ROCKS!

TJ

Last edited:
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4002
RV Length
40’10
TOW/TOAD
2015 Jeep Trailhawk
That’s good news @TJ&LadyDi. Are you able to stay in your coach tonight? Great to hear that guaranty is doing a great job for you.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4047
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CR-V
That’s good news @TJ&LadyDi. Are you able to stay in your coach tonight? Great to hear that guaranty is doing a great job for you.
Yep...they handed me the keys to the coach at 4:45 PM and asked it I could have it back at their shop by 9 AM tomorrow. Can do, will do; gladly.

The only drawback during this pandemic situation is that we wind up spending all day in the car as there are really no places open yet to spend time at. Still, with the service we are getting, I am not complaining.

TJ

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Cherokee Trailhawk
We are now parked at the Guaranty RV campground. Came down for a couple of minor recall issues. Scheduled in the shop on Tuesday.

Time for bed!

TJ
We had a great experience last summer with their work on our remaining warranty items. Sherry and her team are the best dealer service we have had in the 19 years of RVing. Sherry kept us updated on parts arriving prior to our service date as well as daily updates while work was under way.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4047
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CR-V
The coach is back in the Guaranty RV service shop for Day 2. Sherry, Phil and Billy were there to meet me as I drove in; 10 minutes early, I might add. Today is the full annual service that we had originally scheduled and Phil will continue to trouble-shoot the remaining issues. Great folks providing great service.

TJ

Last edited:

ARD

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Yukon Denali
Fulltimer
Yes
When it rains, it pours... aaaargh. @TJ&LadyDi so glad you are in a good spot to get everything taken care of. Safe travels!!!!

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4047
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CR-V
Got the coach back late this afternoon, but there's still a little more work to be done, so we'll be staying over one more day. Didn't get to talk to Phil this afternoon, but it appears that the inverter-SilverLeaf interface is working again. At least, SilverLeaf now seems to know that the inverter is operating when we are not connected to shore power. That's a good sign.

The cruise control issue is still a puzzle. It is operating flawlessly today after being totally inoperative two days ago. They couldn't get it to misbehave during a test drive. That's both good and bad news since there really WAS a problem two days ago. The cruise control dropped out during a heavy rainstorm and that leaves me wondering if it will happen again the next time we drive in the rain. Intermittent problems are the hardest to find and fix.

Got the full annual coach and generator service done today and all things checked out well. In the process, they spotted a few issues with the sealing around some things on the roof, so we had them take care of that too. Guaranty RV (aka "Sherry and crew") have been great to work with and we highly recommend them for RV service work.

Looks like we'll be heading north and east on Thursday and arriving at Polson, MT, on Friday. We'll overnight on Thursday in the Spokane area.

TJ

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4002
RV Length
40’10
TOW/TOAD
2015 Jeep Trailhawk
That’s awesome. I am definitely going try them out when the needs arises. I hope you get the cruise figured out.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4047
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CR-V
We are back in the campground and chillin'. Dropped the coach off at the Guaranty RV service shop at 8:00 am and got a call at 9:30 am telling us the work was completed and we could come and get it. Chatted with Phil and Sherry briefly, paid the bill (a little less than I was thinking it would be) and came back to the RV park. After spending 2+ days sitting in the toad, we are ready for a little down time.

We'll head north and east in the morning to Spokane for an overnight at a KOA there and then on to Polson (and, our second home) on Friday. After all that's been going on lately, we are ready to just kick back. It's Negra Modelo time!!!

Thanks for following along with us on our haphazard adventure. The encouragement and upbeat comments we received sure helped keep our spirits up when things were not looking too good. We should have known that "Sherry's Crew" at Guaranty RV would get us back on the road in due time.

TJ

Glad to hear you are all fixed up. I wonder how many have experienced the death of an inverter. Not a good experience when far from home or service.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4047
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CR-V
Glad to hear you are all fixed up. I wonder how many have experienced the death of an inverter. Not a good experience when far from home or service.
Interestingly enough, it was not the inverter itself; it was the SilverLeaf interface. Apparently, on these new, hi-tech coaches, the SilverLeaf setup controls most functions, including the operating parameters for the inverter. For some reason, the SilverLeaf module (there are apparently several different modules in the system) lost its settings. The inverter was not getting any operating instructions or parameters, so it just suspended operation.

Re-booting the SilverLeaf module by removing power (and, the "Battery Disconnect" switch does not do it) restored the settings and operation of the inverter resumed. The tech first tried doing it with the Battery Disconnect in the coach and had no luck. He did some research and found that the power cable from the module needs to be physically disconnected in order to affect a re-boot.

All seems fine now.

TJ