Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
We are now parked at the Guaranty RV campground. Came down for a couple of minor recall issues. Scheduled in the shop on Tuesday.

On the way down, things went south. The inverter quit so the reefer/freezer wasn’t running. Then, the cruise control quit. Arrived at the park to find that the step isn’t functioning right; jerking convulsively when retracting.

Did I mention that both windshield wiper blades are also failing? The rubber is coming loose...and, in a heavy rain squal.

And, the park wi-fi is down, so this is coming via my cell phone.

Time for bed!

TJ

Sorry to hear that. You are at the right place to get those issues resolved. Hopefully in short order it will be fixed and all will be good.

On the way down, things went south. The inverter quit so the reefer/freezer wasn’t running. Then, the cruise control quit. Arrived at the park to find that the step isn’t functioning right; jerking convulsively when retracting.

Did I mention that both windshield wiper blades are also failing? The rubber is coming loose...and, in a heavy rain squal.

And, the park wi-fi is down, so this is coming via my cell phone.

TJ
Well, that sucks. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Go have some tacos and a beer. maybe a Margareta.

You're actually pretty lucky. Hate that it all broke but better that it happened on the way to Guarantee and not afterward on the way home.

Not how RVing is supposed to be and this certainly takes the fun out of it. Hope your pit stop can get you fixed up and on the way soon!

Glad you made it in one piece. Sounds like a real buzz kill. As @Jim said, at least it happened on the way there and not the ride home.

@TJ&LadyDi

Sorry to hear your coach is infected with the COVID-19, these coaches like to be used. Glad you’re where you are so hopefully it will just be a bad start to a great trip.

The coach is at the service shop right now. “Fantastic Sherry” has her crew on it a day early and she is hopefull that all will be fixed by tomorrow...including the Oasis that would not deliver hot water this morning. Probably a failed pump. I have spares, but in the interest of time (and my old body), I have elected to throw $$$$ at the problem.

TJ

Last edited:
Sherry, Phil & Devin will fix you up no sweat. Unfortunately it sounds like mucho $?

Sherry, Phil & Devin will fix you up no sweat. Unfortunately it sounds like mucho $?
They have been doing their best! Got a call a little bit ago saying Oasis is fixed; bad pump as suspected. Step is working again. Wipers replaced, along with headlight bulb. Making progress.

We passed along your best regards to Sherry and she was pleased.

TJ

Today was a much better day at the office! Guaranty RV's "Dream Team" (Sherry and Phil) got us back on the positive side of the ledger. Phil spent the afternoon scratching several things off the list.

He replacing a failed Oasis circulator pump (yes...the traditional problem one) and says it was replaced with the new style pump. He also got the inverter working, but SilverLeaf still doesn't know it. Looks like a SilverLeaf problem rather than an inverter problem. The SL control panel says the inverter is "Off" and shows no current draws; but the refrigerator/freezer happily chugged along most of the afternoon with no AC connection. Go figure!

Phil has sent his findings and diagnosis to both Newmar and Silverleaf for consultation. Hopefully, we'll have some information in the morning. Fortunately, SIlverLeaf is just a few miles up the road from Guaranty RV so if software or a new module is needed, it should be easily available.

He also managed to clean up and lubricate the entry step, so it appears to be working again though neither of us think the design is good and is probably subject to future issues. Putting a sliding apparatus using ball-bearings in a track in an environment open to road spray is asking for trouble!

Headlights and wipers have been fixed per my previous post.

So, we're down to the cruise control issue and the normal annual service and minor recall stuff that we had originally scheduled. Glad we got here a day early and could get on Phil's work schedule for today to get a bunch of stuff done.

Guaranty RV's service staff ROCKS!

TJ

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back