Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Currently I use a Klein Brand multimeter, inexpensive and good for typical RV troubleshooting. However, I'd like to step up to a more useful multimeter for home and Ham radio work. Thinking about a Brymen BR235 which is a good quality German brand unit. There is always a Fluke but typically pricey and the useful ones and more for the Trades and Industrial application, high quality but $$$.

Any useful thoughts on this topic?

I bought a fairly inexpensive one at the big home store though I had no idea how to use it. I've had it about a year and I still don't know how to...
over it head through a wall GIF

I've had a Fluke 87-V and 179 for several years, and they are easy to use and accurate. Never been tempted by lesser quality test instruments.

TJ

@Neal why do you carry two meters one with clamp versus no clamp. Don’t they both do the same thing?

Currently I use a Klein Brand multimeter, inexpensive and good for typical RV troubleshooting. However, I'd like to step up to a more useful multimeter for home and Ham radio work. Thinking about a Brymen BR235 which is a good quality German brand unit. There is always a Fluke but typically pricey and the useful ones and more for the Trades and Industrial application, high quality but $$$.

Any useful thoughts on this topic?

Well @JoeHogan I used a 4 dec place fluke when I was working to adjust servo drives. but take pride today with my HF free meter today. a silver cell to calibrate when needed. Thats it today, nothing special.

I have a Fluke 177 and a 115. I cant really tell the difference between the 2 but I have always trusted the Fluke brand

@Neal why do you carry two meters one with clamp versus no clamp. Don’t they both do the same thing?
Fluke primary. I needed something to read much higher amps for solar and test the solar controller wiring, the clamp meter is better for that.

Guess I'm old fashion, just behind the times and haven't learned how to use the new stuff. I still use the old trusty Simpson 260 analog multimeter and a AmpRobe clamp on for reading amperage.

Guess I'm old fashion, just behind the times and haven't learned how to use the new stuff. I still use the old trusty Simpson 260 analog multimeter and a AmpRobe clamp on for reading amperage.

Hey, the Simpson 260 and Amprobe clamp-on were solid pieces of gear in their day. And, they were (still are) about five times the size of the newer Fluke units. :rolleyes:

TJ

Latest resources

Back