Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Fulltimer
Yes
Leaving the state park that I left my mark on, noticed a small stream coming out of the bottom of the RV.

It’s just water but I’ve never noticed it before. Makes me nervous. It’s coming from the center of that pan/cover thing under the RV, about midway of the second ODS bay. There’s no water inside the bays to be clear.

Anyone else have a drip like this when the engine is running? It’s not there when parked.
BFA8D172-153D-476D-AD6F-C4D6AC441C06.jpeg
F94E7EF7-D0D5-47C7-AC3A-853001F48726.jpeg

I dare say that's normal, I just had a discussion with @Chuggs about this as I had fluid under my coach leaving the last state park. I dabbled it with a paper towel and it was clear. He had a similar finding and was looking for the source. I'm sensitive to this after my shower pan drain leak I discovered last year. Charlie mentioned to me rain water can collect and drain out the bottom, mine was in the aft area, aft of the axles. At my next stop I inspected again after a shower and nothing so it appears it was rainwater in my case and not a leak within.

Have you had any rain or anything that could have collected and now you're seeing come out the pans on the bottom?

Try running the shower and other faucets and see if any flow resumes. Just monitor going forward if you can't make it occur as it again may just be rainwater collected in the pans per @Chuggs.

Just remember, you are changing the level when you get ready to move.

That makes sense. We did get several days of rain

There's a drain at the aft end of the front door side slide out. It drains all the water that was on top of the slide to the the underside of the coach. Here are some pictures of the drain tube on my coach.

IMG_7523.jpg

IMG_7524.jpg

IMG_7525.jpg

Did you drive in rain, also??
At this point, I no longer recall but if I were to guess I’d say no as we try to avoid that.

If you have water dripping out those "drain holes," and/or your rear compartment floors or the bottom of your pegboard compartment is stained, you have water intrusion from road splash in your wheel wells. Hopefully, that is not your cause. Drain hoses for the coach are on the perimeter.

@C100 What’s the easiest, least invasive way to check?

Latest resources

Back