Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Ezyrider202

RVF Regular
I’ve seen conflicting info on legnth limitations at most national and state parks. I’m getting set to buy a 33 foot Newmar. And I do want to visit many of the parks. What is the consensus on access for a rig at that length?

You should be good. I've stayed at a State Park here in GA with little to no trouble with our 40' coach. But we were turned away at a State Park in Florida. The guy wouldn't even let us drive through and look!! :oops:

Heres a link to help you out. I doubt anyone will measure you so you should be good for 81 percentile.

We've been full-timing for 10 years with our 40' DP and have never had a problem.

Cool. Reassuring to know. State parks too?
Yes, some state parks and Canadian ones as well. That doesn't mean that we'd fit into every site in those parks, but with a little bit of advance planning you can make it work out.

Yes, some state parks and Canadian ones as well. That doesn't mean that we'd fit into every site in those parks, but with a little bit of advance planning you can make it work out.
Got it. Thanks

Research the park before you go. I use a 26' that was chosen partly for this reason. Parking can be fun in these beasts. Width of these things in crowded areas can be an eye opener also. I have started to forgo the toad vehicle and just use my coach to get around. Both vehicles have positives and negatives.

Research the park before you go. I use a 26' that was chosen partly for this reason. Parking can be fun in these beasts. Width of these things in crowded areas can be an eye opener also. I have started to forgo the toad vehicle and just use my coach to get around. Both vehicles have positives and negatives.
Reality strikes. A good friend of mine left me with the impression that parks tend to have more isolated spaces— at least a little more room in between them. I’m about to answer my own question— each one is probably different and diligent research is a must. I will probably be carrying a motorcycle in a rack on the back of the coach... don’t know yet how far it would extend from the coach. Probably, I would guess about four feet. That’s probably going to add additional restrictions, right?

Latest resources

Back