RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2021 Willys
Just ready to turn in and took the dog out for her last nightly duty. Closed the door and the stairwell lights won't turn off. Any ideas where I might start looking?

There should be contacts on the hinge side of the door. It may be 3 little brass pins that are spring loaded. Make sure they are clean and are popping out when the door is open.

Checked those, not the issue. It seems now that I have some gremlins in the electrical system as the chassis batteries are dead and won't hold charge, the water heater fault light comes on, and several other things going on. I've been putting off changing the 6 year old flooded batteries, but now it's forcing my hand. What's everybody using for a maintenance free replacement?

If you are going to keep it longer than 4 more years, I would say AGM type. Lithioniron type (Battle Born) are way to expensive unless you are keeping it for 10 years. But before I replace them, would figure out what gremlins you have first so the new ones are not hurt from the gotchas. If you do this, remember to remove positive cable first because house batteries provides power to inverter. Someone who is knowledagble of the process might jump in here with the correct process. I have not done this one.

Yup, headed to NIRVC Atlanta in the morning to get the batteries installed. Sticking with flooded as I've got the Flow Rite filling system that should fit the new batteries. Makes maintaining them an easy task. I believe (and hope) all of the gremlins are caused by the low voltage issue.

Jim, we’ll be there Saturday. If you have delays, may get a chance to visit.

Sounds good Buddy! I think we're staying till Monday. See you then.

Just changed from flooded to AGMs. I disliked cleaning all the corrosion with the flooded batteries. Something to consider.

After installing the Flow Rite single point fill system, there has been 0 corrosion issues.

Update: After having the batteries replaced at NIRVC Atlanta, all the electrical issues have been resolved. The entry step lights that were stuck on started working normally. Strange things happen with low voltage. Got to visit with the Glampdaddy crew too!
20210910_122947.jpg
20210911_200650.jpg

Latest resources

Back