Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
Trish has been using the same iPad for 10-12 years and the same incredibly slow laptop (for business) for 6-7 years. My goal is to find a tablet that she can use to run QuickBooks and her spreadsheets with the flexibility of her old iPad.

I haven't bought any new technology in a very long time, so I'm a bit out of touch on what is available. But at first glance, the Microsoft Surface Go looks like it would fulfil her needs and it seems reasonably priced.

Looking for any advice you all can give.

Surface Go

There are a lot of options, too many options. Microsoft Surface is good. I recently got a Dell XPS 17 with touch screen (love it). New iPads I thought were being announced last week but looks like it may be April now. Your QuickBooks requirement will drive your decision so you either need QuickBooks Online or Desktop (I use Desktop). If you can do without the "tablet" part and want a good laptop I recommend the Dell XPS. 13, 15, 17 inch screens available. I wanted the largest because of my A.G.E. syndrome.

I agree that you want a desktop solution and think HP makes a great laptop with touch screen. I think mine was around $600 and fulfills my needs on the road..

I mean if the iPad was working fine, why not just get her another iPad and spring for the keyboard with it. Comes pretty close to a laptop and everything will be familiar to her. iPads these days are crazy powerful. MS Office for iPad works great. I use it daily. Not sure about QuickBooks but I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't have an iPad app. There's also the new MacBooks which are ridiculously powerful with Apple's M1 chip.

I have a Microsoft Surface as my company computer. The touch screen is kinda cool on a lap top. It's very thin and light weight too. I like it!

I really loved my iPad pro. I had a keyboard and pencil for it. I gave it to my oldest when she started college classes because it was awesome for note taking and almost everything.

I take it you are a Linux user. I started using it in 08, I now use it in my Chromebooks by activating Linux (bata). Ony way anyone here would use it is if the mainstream software had a version of their program that would work on Linux. Now watch me get slammed for saying that.
Yes, I'm a big fan of Linux operating systems. When Microsoft killed the XP system, I swore Gates would never get another dollar of our money and he hasn't. Today, my wife is an experienced Ubuntu user and I have multiple distro's on my desktop at any given time. Many people don't realize old tablets and other devices can be repurposed to run Linux. Here's an example link. Not Just for Desktops: 10 Devices You Can Install Linux On

If people want to stop paying for computer software, Linux is your friend!

Latest resources

Back