Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

SJMaye

RVF Regular
I am looking to rent one around Nashville, TN. Renting an RV would be new to me. I see many places that rent. I am sure there are some pitfalls to lookout for. Has anyone any experience in renting an RV they care to share?

Welcome @SJMaye I rented a Class C from Cruiseamerica a long time ago. What I recall is it wasn't cheap and the propane water heater wasn't working properly. Other than that, it was a good introduction to class c motorhomes.

Hello Neemer,

We had a travel trailer for a very short time. We know the mechanics of setting up camp etc. The travel trailer just did not suit us. After this experience, I had to admit to my wife that I should have heeded her advice to rent before we buy. So, we are looking at Class C's now. I understand they are not cheap to rent. There are so many ways to rent commercial, RVShare etc. I just wondered, for instance, if it was better to rent from rental company vs. private owners.

I’m afraid I cannot comment on the other avenues to rent as I have no experience with them. Good luck with whatever you choose.

We went the rental route for 3 years before purchasing. Gave us a good idea of what we wanted and what we didn't want. We rented once from El Monte and twice via RV Share. Some friends who travel with us rented a unit from Cruizeamerica. They were reasonably happy. We had a good experience with El Monte and a great experience with RV Share. We also looked a rentals from a organization named Outdoorsy. Went with RV Share because they had a better selection close to home.

Check out the total price as often there is a transaction fee and also a mandatory cleaning fee and mileage fees and fees for the hours of generator run time. In addition to the commercial outfits there are websites for postings by private parties but I found the latter to be much more expensive.

A class B will be easier to drive and much easier to find a parking place but it will be a bit claustrophobic if you need to spend much time inside to be out of the weather and even more so if there are two people or more traveling in it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back