Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Dieselsearching

RVF Regular
Hello everyone. My wife and i are currently looking for a Class A diesel pusher in the small category of about 33 ft. long. Our research has led us to both Tiffin and Fleetwood. Ive noticed a lot of issues reported with the Tiffin Maxforce International diesel. I prefer the Cummins diesel but many of the older (pre 2018-19) tiffins have the Maxforce. Can anyone shed some light on this subject??
Thanks.

Welcome to RVForums @Dieselsearching. I don't have an answer to your question, maybe others here can help but I just wanted to welcome you to the site. I hope you will find the answers you're seeking. Welcome.

International had trouble meeting the new emissions in 2010? with their Maxxforce Diesel engines. They had to stop producing them for a while. I would not have anything to do with those. They had all kinds of issues for a few years. I sold International trucks from 1993 to 2008. They had the best engines in the world. The DT466E was unstoppable. Unfortunately the Democrats got into office and started introducing IMPOSSIBLE to meet emission standards on diesel engines. They completely put Catapillar out of the on-highway diesel engine business and almost did the same thing with International,. All in the name of saving the environment. Now there are thousands of units on the market that have these engines with all kinds of issues, like variable geometry turbos that won't stay together, and ERG vales that won't open after they get diesel crud on them, and $4500 catalitic converters that won't run the re-gen cycle so the computer shuts the engine down into limp home mode until you get a new one. Be careful and do your homework before buying one of these.

Welcome to RVF, @Dieselsearching; glad you found your way here. It sounds like you may be looking for a pre-owned DP coach in the mid-30-foot range. Personally, I would have serious reservations about either of the coaches you mentioned. Neither has much of a good reputation for the reasons stated (and, some unstated).

You might be better served looking at the Newmar Ventana and Ventana LE (now rebranded as the Kountry Star). Both were (and, still are) produced in a 34' model. We had a 2014 Newmar Ventana LE 3436 (a 34' DP) and liked it. Newmar is a top-tier motorhome producer with a solid reputation.

Good luck.

TJ

Thank you for replying. I will look into Newmar models as well. There are so many makes and models out there. I need to get educated before making a big purchase and hopefully i will get a lot more input from great people like you.

Latest resources

Back