Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

GuyV

RVF Newbee
We recently picked up our new 2022 Ventana 2022 Newmar and now have it on its first road trip.

I was told, but obviously didn't understand what the dealer said about leaving a particular value OPEN while using the washing machine or dish washerr?

Can anyone tell me exactly what value this is and its location???

Thanks in advance for any and all help with this issue.

Regards

You need to be hooked up to sewer and have your gray tank dump valve open.

He was probably talking about your grey tank valve, which both of those are plumbed to and telling you to leave them open otherwise they will fill up quickly.

However, I am not an advocate of ever leaving tank valves open.

Can’t imagine it being other than the above anwsers but to be sure, call your dealer and/or NEWMAR.

Yep, if you have the splentide model, each wash cycle if uing I think 4, uses about 13 gallons, and lasts about 1:15 hrs. We always use the second rinse. With assumed the same size tank as we have about 65 gallons, you can run it 3 times and still be safe. Normally, we wash clothes on the afternoon before we are heading home, that way everything is done. I add two wash cycles to the gray tank (assuming it's mostly empty prior to that event) leaving the valve closed. Then if their is a 3rd load, I dump the black tank, flush it for 3 minutes or so, then dump gray tank and leave open unitl we head out next morning. If only two loads, then wait till next morning to dump tanks as last thing, because getting slides in first makes my back feel much nicer since don't have to be stouped over dumping tanks with them out.

Guy, Welcome and congrats on your new coach. Your black and grey dump valves will be in your wet bay. As everyone has indicated, when you are in camp and doing laundry make sure your hose is secured to the sewer drain and then open your gray valve. This prevents you from filling up the tank and backing up the system. It is common practice to flush the sewer hose with the grey tank after dumping the black tank, so if you are getting ready to dump the black tank shut it the grey tank on the last load of laundry to build some volume to help you clear out the solids post black tank dump.

Latest resources

Back