Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mchlquick

RVF Newbee
I own a 2008 Monaco Diplomat 40SKQ. The frig is a Dometic NDA1402. The water drain heating element is once again burnt out. It appears that they are no longer available and I need to change out the frig. I want to go back with a standard household unit. Anyone done one??? Need help!! Have 26" door opening to squeeze something thru

I have a 2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador PDQ floorplan made by Monaco. I'm sure mine is very similar to yours. I priced a Norcold fridge after mine went out and decided no way I was spending $3600 for another. I wound up buying a Samsung 18F stainless steel residential fridge with bottom freezer and put it into my coach. It fits like it was made for it. I had to take the doors off the fridge to get it up the steps and I had to take the passenger seat out but it wasn't that bad. I did a big write up and posted pics in the Interior RV Updates section. Search for my posts or look in that section and you'll see what I did. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

Here's my post.............

Thanks EZ. My frig is located over a roller on the slide and my furnace is under the sink. The Samsung is too tall but I think I can fit a Frigidaire in the hole. Going to Lowe's today to take measurements. Thanks for the info

Thanks EZ. My frig is located over a roller on the slide and my furnace is under the sink. The Samsung is too tall but I think I can fit a Frigidaire in the hole. Going to Lowe's today to take measurements. Thanks for the info
Please let us know what you find that fits. My 1402 is in the slide also so EZ's fridge would be too tall.
My 1402 is running fine but I like to plan ahead.

My fridge was right over top of my furnace so I made a sheet metal pan for the fridge to sit in. The Samsung fit the hole like it was made for it. Very little trim work was needed.

Please let us know what you find that fits. My 1402 is in the slide also so EZ's fridge would be too tall.
If I didn't have the furnace sitting right under my fridge I could drop it down a foot or so. It might fit inside the slide then. Measure twice and cut once though, right? Lots of choices out there. Let me know if I can help.

If I didn't have the furnace sitting right under my fridge I could drop it down a foot or so. It might fit inside the slide then. Measure twice and cut once though, right? Lots of choices out there. Let me know if I can help.
I don't have a furnace there but I do have a drawer under the refrigerator that I'm in love with.

Update: I believe that my 1402 is OK. It seems that the freezer door was left ajar and that caused the ice build-up in the drain tray. The defrost heater strip is good. Lucky me, but my research found that a Frigidaire 17.6 cu-ft counter depth French door refrigerator w/ice maker and bottom pull out freezer will fit. The floor will have to be lowered to the top of the roller adjustment screw but it will fit. My new question is, how to get the 1402 out of the rig. Cut it up into pieces or does the generator unit come off and make it small enough to get thru the door. Don't like ammonia. I may have to still replace the frig in the future

Update: I believe that my 1402 is OK. It seems that the freezer door was left ajar and that caused the ice build-up in the drain tray. The defrost heater strip is good. Lucky me, but my research found that a Frigidaire 17.6 cu-ft counter depth French door refrigerator w/ice maker and bottom pull out freezer will fit. The floor will have to be lowered to the top of the roller adjustment screw but it will fit. My new question is, how to get the 1402 out of the rig. Cut it up into pieces or does the generator unit come off and make it small enough to get thru the door. Don't like ammonia. I may have to still replace the frig in the future
My 10 cubic foot Norcold 4 door fridge came out the front door. (sorry I don't knop the model number) The new Samsung residential came in the same way after removing the doors on the fridge and removing the passenger seat. I had a whole 1/4" to spare! You'll need two people. It's heavy.

Latest resources

Back