Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jbear

RVF Newbee
I was supposed to take delivery of a new Isata 5 today, but on the walk through noticed the hydraulic system for the leveling jacks has a lot of rust and corrosion. We paused the deal pending feedback from the manufacturer to see if this is covered under warranty. Has anyone encounter this? Should we walk away and keep looking for a new RV? Several of the exterior compartment door hinges also had some corrosion.

Attachments

• Corrosion.jpg
    Corrosion.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5

Rich W.

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 3427
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
6.7 ISB 360/800
TOW/TOAD
2001 Jeep Wrangler, M&G air brake system, Blue Ox bar
Fulltimer
No
See my response on the other thread. I’m just wondering what hapoened to this rig. Was it just salted roads affecting the chassis during delivery last winter? Did it sit on a lot in Florida for a year before becoming a dealer trade? Was it in a flood? Whatever, a new vehicle with that much corosion and filth is a definite red flag.

John&Andrea

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Coachmen
RV Model
Concord 300ts
RV Length
Chassis
E450
Engine
7.3 gas
TOW/TOAD
Steal Tow Dolly Ford Escape
Fulltimer
No
I was supposed to take delivery of a new Isata 5 today, but on the walk through noticed the hydraulic system for the leveling jacks has a lot of rust and corrosion. We paused the deal pending feedback from the manufacturer to see if this is covered under warranty. Has anyone encounter this? Should we walk away and keep looking for a new RV? Several of the exterior compartment door hinges also had some corrosion.
Wow that is concerning. Good luck on this. Is it too late to hire an inspector?

Jbear

RVF Newbee
See my response on the other thread. I’m just wondering what hapoened to this rig. Was it just salted roads affecting the chassis during delivery last winter? Did it sit on a lot in Florida for a year before becoming a dealer trade? Was it in a flood? Whatever, a new vehicle with that much corosion and filth is a definite red flag.
Thanks. Dealer tried to say it was from the salted roads since it came from Indiana, but I grew up in IN and never had that kind of rust and corrosion on a brand-new vehicle. It definitely doesn't seem right.

Jbear

RVF Newbee
Wow that is concerning. Good luck on this. Is it too late to hire an inspector?
Good question. If it's not covered by the manufacturer, we're not going to buy it. If it is covered, maybe we should still hire an inspector to take a look once it's "fixed"

Rich W.

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 3427
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
6.7 ISB 360/800
TOW/TOAD
2001 Jeep Wrangler, M&G air brake system, Blue Ox bar
Fulltimer
No
There’s bound to be more in several, if not many places. The stuff never sleeps as they say….

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon for all of your needs.
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.