Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

fly.fish.4ry87

RVF Newbee
Hello all! So my wife and I just traded our first rig in for a forest river 252, we have been living full time in a travel trailer for work (medical contractors) and this is now day 2 in our new rig. So some things i need help to understand:
1)How do i use hot water with the electric? (We upgraded from a small coachman single axle so there was no electric water heater element.). There is water in the tank when i check with the outside valve but the electric doesnt seem to want to heat it up. No, i have not burned it out, i only checked once and after i made sure there was water in it. Does anybody know forest river enough to help? I just know to switch the inside button to electric and make sure there is water. Anything im missing?
A723F638-C6BD-4A53-BB46-D242B6CE6F8F.jpeg

2) these little push lights seem very delicate as they stop working once i twist the cover off. How do i replace these if the button fails?
DD646072-D20F-40DF-89CB-D87880879A5D.jpeg

The LED lights, to remove it, the three screws and disconnect the black and white wires. Remove it and replace it as I don't see any "user-serviceable" parts on the LED assembly.

As to the water heater, I don't see a switch for AC on the unit in the area you are looking. In the picture, I can perceive the electric heating element is under the box where your fingers are located. Also, there is some type of WARNING on that box. That then brings up the question" where is the switch to turn it on and off located?"

The heating element is on the bottom in the back of your heater. Certainly it hasn't burned out (yet). Get to the back of your unit (maybe behind a false door, etc) and check the power to the unit. Also, there is a fuse for your heater in your fuse housing...make sure it's good. Keep at it, you'll figure it out😊 Blessings

Latest resources

Back