Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Wow, the one thing that I advertise extensively is appealing to less than 10% of the camping community! Looks like I missed that during my self-conducted research!

Wow, the one thing that I advertise extensively is appealing to less than 10% of the camping community! Looks like I missed that during my self-conducted research!
From all the photos, I think you did a great job! We do not use many of the amenities, but do enjoy a beautiful setting with a clean, level site, and good hook-ups. It is always nice to have good space between sites as you do. It is too bad that you are so very far from us! Judy D

We are part of the minority, we want to be close to nature, or at least in close proximity.

Having activity all around, with the accompanying noise, is not our idea of fun. RV parks that have golf carts racing around is usually not our cup of tea.

I don't think I can be guilty of a false premise. That's one of the stupidest articles not related to politics I've read in a long time.

I've always had my rv's to spend time in nature while taking family vacation time for relaxation and proximity for outdoor activities.

What's the pay for writing drivel like that? I could use a few extra bucks.

#1. This survey likely targeted the "new campers" who got into camping due to the pandemic. They are still trying to qualify their purchase of an expensive toy that they would never have bought otherwise.

#2 "A summary of the Campspot survey was distributed at a breakout session at the National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (ARVC) annual convention earlier this month". ARVC thinks we OWE it to campgrounds & RV Parks to stay there and lobbies local governments to ban overnighting in parking lots. I figure I don't "owe" any cg/rvp my patronage any more than I "owe" it to any restaurant to patronize their business instead of cooking at home. It's no surprise that they are trying to remain "valid" to their members.

#3. RV parks don't want anyone in a camper that is older than 10yo. The majority of these RV parks are members of ARVC and I would bet money that is a marketing idea that came from ARVC.

Good price, clean bathrooms, and bicycle access to griceries, pharmacy, restaurants, church. Don’t need fancy activities and amenities. Close to nature is a bonus. I love sitting around a campfire with good company. Simple, clean, economical, since I stay long term.

If they follow these ideas and see a reduction in rents, they will have to adjust. But that makes it painful for everyone until the dust settles.

Some people just have to be city. I guess it's what they're used to. After Irma the resort called me and said I was going to be surrounded by fema trailers and I could change lots to get away from them if I wanted. I was stuck at work and my trailer wasn't down there anyway so I said no. No one would move in the fema trailers because we're 15 miles from town so they all got pulled out, stealing all my stuff off my lot in the process.

I grew up in the country, I like the country, the nearest houses on my side of the road are 1/8 mile each direction. I shoot ar15 rifles off my patio at 100-200 yard targets, I take a leak off my patio if I want. I go to Florida to escape the cold, not for the solitude but I like as much solitude as I can get.

We stayed 3 days in Sarasota at Sun Outdoors, it was the only reservation we could get and it was damn high. Had to get an estimate for repairs on the Monaco and also visit friends and play golf.
It was like living in the middle of a damn carnival. No joke. People were paying I think $1900 a month for it and loving it. Right in the middle of town. They were paying more for their small rv lots than my buddies were paying for their apartments in Siesta Key if I'm remembering right.

Latest resources

Back