RV Make
Forest River
RV Model
Surveyor Legend 252RBLE
RV Length
30'
Fulltimer
No
Okay, full disclosure: I don't own an RV.....yet! I am going to be buying mine this year in late September or early October. Just doing research and getting my ducks in a row in the meantime. I am fortunate to have several family members who are veteran RV'ers and have been providing me with much needed tips, advice, and guidance. As research is ongoing I may change my mind as to which travel trailer I want but for the moment the leading contender is the 2023 Forest River Surveyor Legend 252RBLE. When my lease expires at the end of this year me and my wife are planning on moving into this trailer full time as I finish out the last couple of years of my career in the U.S. Navy. Then after I'm retired in late 2025 the idea is to take this trailer and tour all 48 states. So I plan on spending a LOT of time in an RV in the near future and am looking forward to learning more about the lifestyle and the people in it.

A little bit of additional background: I am currently 42 years old and residing in Hampton, Virginia and I work down in Norfolk. Have been in this area for about 10 years and am very much looking forward to retirement and what I hope is the freedom to enjoy this great country and meet a new group of people. I am currently in seminary (just about finished!) and will graduate in August if all goes well. I've never been RV'ing and have only occasionally been to a campground but I often pray that God will grant me the honor of being able to minister to people's spiritual needs who call the open roads and campgrounds of America their home. I have been married for 20 years to a woman who has been a stalwart supporter of my military career and has been with me through many trying times. I look forward to a lifestyle that lets us connect even closer and experience the glory and beauty of God's creation.

Welcome to RVForums. I think you will find this a pretty friendly place to hang out. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks here that are willing to share there expertise as well as offer an opinion if needed.

We are Canadian and have been full time travelling for over five year now. The continent (south in the winter and north in the summer) is an amazing place as I'm sure you will discover. We can honestly say that we have been able to find beauty in every state, province and district that we have been able to see. We have done 9 provinces, 45 of the lower 48 and 5 in Mexico.

Safe travels

Darrell

Welcome aboard! God Bless and thank you for your military service!

Welcome aboard.

Thank you for your service! Hopefully they approve your transfer to the fleet reserve the first time through.

Nice to hear a couple that made it through a Navy career and are still together. It is a trying lifestyle and makes for difficult marriages (12 1/2 years myself as a reactor operator on subs).

Been retired a month and a half - highly recommended 😀

Enjoy the search for your traveling home and feel free to ask any questions, lots of good people and knowledge here.

Welcome aboard.

Thank you for your service! Hopefully they approve your transfer to the fleet reserve the first time through.

Nice to hear a couple that made it through a Navy career and are still together. It is a trying lifestyle and makes for difficult marriages (12 1/2 years myself as a reactor operator on subs).

Been retired a month and a half - highly recommended 😀

Enjoy the search for your traveling home and feel free to ask any questions, lots of good people and knowledge here.
Thank you very much! It has been a journey for sure! I am looking forward to having time with my wife exploring this country and trying to pay her back for all the lost time during my Navy career. I will be sure to check in here for any questions/experiences that I have.

Latest resources

Back