Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Schrec

RVF Regular
looking to pack up the wife and dogs and do some traveling. Looking for a super c or possibly a dp. Right now not finding much in my area. I’ve got a spot reserved at Texas Motor Speedway for the races, but no rig yet.

Welcome @Schrec - I'm sure plenty here can help with any questions about shopping for a rig if you need. Glad to have you with us.

looking to pack up the wife and dogs and do some traveling. Looking for a super c or possibly a dp. Right now not finding much in my area. I’ve got a spot reserved at Texas Motor Speedway for the races, but no rig yet.
Welcome Schrec you will get a lot of good stuff out of this group.
I currently have a 2007 Beaver Marquis that I have for sale. A beautiful coach if you are interested give me a call 602-291-7133

Attachments

• 0F8266A6-BFE1-4A4D-9CF6-73ED0EEF083F.jpeg
    0F8266A6-BFE1-4A4D-9CF6-73ED0EEF083F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 972A3C53-B413-45E6-B0F4-F878D7BE4732.jpeg
    972A3C53-B413-45E6-B0F4-F878D7BE4732.jpeg
    956.6 KB · Views: 16
Welcome to RVF, @Schrec; glad to have you join us.

So, how big is your checkbook? :ROFLMAO: We're good at spending other people's money around here!

TJ

Welcome Schrec you will get a lot of good stuff out of this group.
I currently have a 2007 Beaver Marquis that I have for sale. A beautiful coach if you are interested give me a call 602-291-7133
Nice looking rig Dave. That stacker is awesome. Probably a bit out of my budget though. I’m in the under 100k area.

Nice looking rig Dave. That stacker is awesome. Probably a bit out of my budget though. I’m in the under 100k area.
Hi @Schrec and welcome to the forum.

Are you looking for new or used? There are lots of good used coaches on the market if you do a little shopping. My budget was about the same as yours, and I found a beautiful 2009 Tiffin Phaeton with 18,000 miles for $96K. I put new tires on it, new slide toppers and some cosmetic stuffs. But at the end of the day, I'm about 100k into it.

Good luck!

Jim

Attachments

• DSC02116.JPG
    DSC02116.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC02128.JPG
    DSC02128.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC02253.JPG
    DSC02253.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 9
Welcome and good luck with your search

Hi @Schrec and welcome to the forum.

Are you looking for new or used? There are lots of good used coaches on the market if you do a little shopping. My budget was about the same as yours, and I found a beautiful 2009 Tiffin Phaeton with 18,000 miles for $96K. I put new tires on it, new slide toppers and some cosmetic stuffs. But at the end of the day, I'm about 100k into it.

Good luck!

Jim
I’m looking for used. I’m waffling between a DP and a super C. I’m finding prices all over the place. What is a good guide to use for pricing? For example, there’s a 2009 fleetwood discovery here local. Asking price $112k. NADA lists that coach at $64k to $77k retail. Any tips for this newb?

I've found that NADA seems to mean more to a dealer who is taking a rig in on trade than it does for the rest of the buying/selling population. Dealers are used to buying low and selling high. Personally, I stay away from dealers. Obviously they have to make a profit and the price is generally higher there than if I buy it directly from the owner.

When buying a used coach, prices are probably going to be set around how bad you want it, miles on the engine, condition/age of the tires, same with the batteries, how well it's been maintained and how many hours on generator. Couple into that how bad the owner wants to part with it, etc.

I'd find the make/model I like based on engine, interior layout, etc. Then go to RV Trader and start looking. RV Trader lets you "watch" an RV and will notify you of price changes. You'll learn a lot about what they are selling for as you watch them.

Mine was listed around $120K but I knew it needed tires and some TLC. So I tossed out a bid that allowed me to add those things and still be in the area of what I felt the coach was worth. If they say no, move on. There are more RV's on the market than ants on a Tennessee anthill.

Hope this helps!

Latest resources

Back