Ford Thor
RV Model
Dutchman
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Not yet. Undecided. Just purchased RV and evaluating options
Fulltimer
Yes
This is something I have always wanted to do. I'm in a position now that I can RV full time so that is what I am about to do. I purchased my first RV a Thor Dutchman 29" on Ford E350 chassis. It's a 93 but was really well taken care of. She has only 48k miles and is overall outstanding condition given the age. Right now I am going through and replacing the critical mechanic parts that are prone to failure because of age. Fresh fluids and belt, Updating the interior to make it a little more modern, and I'll be replacing the tires before I take off.
My plan is to travel the county for one to two years spending the Winter and Spring in the Southern States and Fall/Summer in the Northern States. I have 4 Sisters and 3 Brothers scattered throughout the US so I plan to spend some time with each. This country is so beautiful and I can't wait to get out there and experience it this way. Having said that, I won't rush things to get going. Rather, I'll take my time and make sure I've done the most I can to lessen any mechanical difficulties. Hopefully by this time next month I will be rolling. Who know, perhaps our paths will cross. I wish the best for you and yours. Peace and Happy Trails, Jim

Welcome aboard!

Welcome from Georgia!

Latest resources

Back