RV Year
RV Make
Coachmen
RV Model
Mirada
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Rubicon
Hello there from Texas! Looking forward to learning everything we can here about RV life. After owning several bumper pulls, my husband and I have purchased an RV. We’ve taken one short trip in it and are now planning a long Yellowstone trip very soon. I’m wondering about the best route to West Yellowstone from Texas to avoid scary mountain switchbacks and steep inclines In Wyoming. I’ve heard entering Wyoming on the East then through Cody to the park is not the best route in an RV, so we are thinking of coming up to I-80 then north on 191 through Teton to Yellowstone and out the West gate where we will set up our base. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Welcome to RVForums @SimsRVers. Yellowstone is amazing. I went on a passport america caravan with 27 RV's, so much to see and experience. I'm sure others can help with the routing. I personally am fine on any road and just slow down as needed and enjoy the journey. Welcome aboard.

I went last summer from DFW to Yellowstone. I went through Amarillo to Denver, Cheyenne, and through the East entrance to the park. 27ft class A motorhome. It’s curvy and steep in a few places, but very doable. Do check the Yellowstone website for entrance closures just before leaving.

Welcome to RVForums @SimsRVers. Yellowstone is amazing. I went on a passport america caravan with 27 RV's, so much to see and experience. I'm sure others can help with the routing. I personally am fine on any road and just slow down as needed and enjoy the journey. Welcome aboard.
Ok thank you!

I went last summer from DFW to Yellowstone. I went through Amarillo to Denver, Cheyenne, and through the East entrance to the park. 27ft class A motorhome. It’s curvy and steep in a few places, but very doable. Do check the Yellowstone website for entrance closures just before leaving.
Thanks for the info!

Welcome to RVF, @SimsRVers; glad to have you here!

Don't let a little mountainous terrain spoil your visit to one of the great destinations in our nation; Yellowstone. You will encounter some high mountain passes, a few switchbacks, some steep grades and winding roads along the way, but all are very doable if you simply take your time and drive responsibly. I-25 up to Cheyenne is a very good route and, from there, you can choose to go into the park several different ways. I have been in and out of them all and there are none where I would hesitate to take our RV.

If you haven't seen this link, it is worth a look.

TJ

Welcome to RVF, @SimsRVers; glad to have you here!

Don't let a little mountainous terrain spoil your visit to one of the great destinations in our nation; Yellowstone. You will encounter some high mountain passes, a few switchbacks, some steep grades and winding roads along the way, but all are very doable if you simply take your time and drive responsibly. I-25 up to Cheyenne is a very good route and, from there, you can choose to go into the park several different ways. I have been in and out of them all and there are none where I would hesitate to take our RV.

If you haven't seen this link, it is worth a look.

TJ
Thank you! I’ll check it out.

Latest resources

Back