Beaver
RV Model
Patriot Thunder Princeton
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2014 CR-V
Fulltimer
Yes
Starlink has announced a new, low-profile dish designed to be used on vehicles in motion. The device cost $2500 but the monthly service is the same $135/mo that Starlink has been charging for RV service.
  • Winegard is SpaceX's first consumer-focused Starlink authorized reseller and will be crafting custom accessories and enabling a network of RV dealers to provide Starlink installations. This relationship is not exclusive - but Winegard will have priority access to selling this hardware package compared to ordering directly from SpaceX. It can be pre-ordered here: Flat High-Performance Starlink Kit with Wedge Mount

Here's a link to an Mobile Internet Resource Center article on the topic. Low profile in motion Starlink dish

Attached is a data sheet about the new Starlink dish.

Attachments

• Starlink rooftop.pdf
    578 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
So I'm looking at the starlink website and I see nothing referencing this $2500 dish.

1666874071690.png

In fact I got to the above page from the SpaceX link on twitter

1666874116371.png

When I click order now it just adds the current dish to my cart, what am I missing?

EDIT: Also nowhere on the starlink site does it talk about this being preorder only that I can find or that you'd have to go through wineguard to order. That also seems really weird considering they've always done direct sales model.

@Neal have you heard anything about this in your constant quest for the latest tech?

So I'm looking at the starlink website and I see nothing referencing this $2500 dish.

View attachment 15382

In fact I got to the above page from the SpaceX link on twitter

View attachment 15383

When I click order now it just adds the current dish to my cart, what am I missing?

In your first picture, the bottom line, “Starlink’s new Flat High Performance…”

If you go to the main Starlink.com page the new dish is at the top of the page. Click on the Learn More
5EF6DC17-224A-4392-8190-48B121525386.jpeg

That’s a big honkin’ nope here.

In your first picture, the bottom line, “Starlink’s new Flat High Performance…”

If you go to the main Starlink.com page the new dish is at the top of the page. Click on the Learn More
From the main page click learn more takes you to the rv page I showed above. Clicking buy now or whatever the call to action is will just add a standard dish to your cart.

Not worth the upfront cost to have service while driving.

When parked, l like the flexibility to be able to move the dish to a location that may have a better view of the sky.

From the main page click learn more takes you to the rv page I showed above. Clicking buy now or whatever the call to action is will just add a standard dish to your cart.
Maybe the address makes a difference.

With my address I have the option shown here:
59381531-853E-4D85-A5E3-6DF3B170716F.jpeg

Not worth the upfront cost to have service while driving.

When parked, l like the flexibility to be able to move the dish to a location that may have a better view of the sky.
With 2 kids and driving through areas with zero cell reception our needs for internet can tend to be high at times :D

Latest resources

Back