RV Year
RV Make
Grand Design
RV Model
Transcent 240ML
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
Hi everyone! đź‘‹ We are a husband and wife team who travel with our two Jack Russel Terriers. We just purchased a brand new 2022 Grand Design Transcend 240ML for a great price and plan on starting up the snowbird lifestyle this coming winter. Hubby is semi-retired and I work from home so as long as I'll have internet, I can work on the road but the plan is to work 2 out of 6 weeks of our planned trip. We live in British Columbia and are planning a trip down to Arizona. Plan to do a combination of boondocking and staying in state parks. I love the looks of Catalina State Park and would welcome any other recommendations or warnings.

Welcome aboard!

So your thinking Tucson?

Hi everyone! đź‘‹ We are a husband and wife team who travel with our two Jack Russel Terriers. We just purchased a brand new 2022 Grand Design Transcend 240ML for a great price and plan on starting up the snowbird lifestyle this coming winter. Hubby is semi-retired and I work from home so as long as I'll have internet, I can work on the road but the plan is to work 2 out of 6 weeks of our planned trip. We live in British Columbia and are planning a trip down to Arizona. Plan to do a combination of boondocking and staying in state parks. I love the looks of Catalina State Park and would welcome any other recommendations or warnings.
Welcome aboard travelingwithtwojacks.

I think you will love the Tucson area. Lots to do plus the desert is not so barren. The saguaro cactus forest are nice to look at. If you are looking for an alternative RV Park in Tucson, Pima County's Gilbert Ray is quite close to town, It has good cell service and you only need to commit to one week instead of two and at $20.00 night it's a bargain. Gilbert Ray Campground - Pima County While you are in Tucson there are a number of interesting places you might want to see. Old Tucson is a Movie Set that you can tour. Some John Wayne's were filmed there as well as Little House on the Prairie etc. Home | Old Tucson The Arizona Sonora Desert Museum is a small zoo filled with desert dwellers shown in a natural setting. Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, Tucson, AZ - Zoo, Botanical Garden and Art Gallery Tombstone and Boothill is not far away. The Pima Air and Space Museum is pretty spectacular if you into aircraft large and small. Home - Pima Air & Space
You don't say what route you will be taking. If you have not yet travelled along the Washington/Oregon/California Coast highway and if you have the time, the journey is spectacular (especially heading south). The road is winding but big rig friendly. You can bypass LA if you want by heading east from Ventura on Rt 210 then hook up with I 10 to take you east. On the way you might want to visit Joshua Tree National Park. I 10 will take you through Quartzsite and on to Tucson and there are lots of side trips you might want to take.. One can find lots of boondocking opportunities from Joshua east.
Let me know if you have any questions or if you need any campground recommendations.
Safe travels
Darrell

Latest resources

Back