Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

flholehouse

RVF Newbee
Considering becoming a full-time RVer and conducting my due diligence. Particularly concerned about this undertaking as a single, retired female.

Welcome to RVF, @flholehouse; glad to have you here. We have several active single, retired females on the forum and I'm sure they will be happy to help you "conduct your "due diligence," as will the rest of us. Let us know more about the type of RV you are considering and some idea of a general budget. That will help folks focus on your wants and needs.

TJ

I have until end of April 2021 to decide what type of RV/tow vehicle would work best for me so I'm looking at info available on YouTube for input/recommendations. Assuming I will pay cash for whatever option I choose, I am trying to determine an average monthly budget...what are the best options for where to park...is solar worth the investment...where is the best place to purchase....so many questions!

In regards to storing, I would budget around $100 a month for outside parking. If your looking for a covered slot with electrical options I would budget $175-$200 a month. Minnesota gets pretty cold in the winters. I'd recommend a covered slot with electricity.

We purchased our used coach from a private seller. It took a little more effort and patience to make it work but it saved us some cash.

Thanks, Skychs, for the info. I don't actually think I'll stay in Minnesota for the winters. The whole idea is to perhaps stay here during nicer weather and hit the road during the winter months. How did you find your rig? Is there a website you used to find yours?

Believe it or not but ..... we found our coach on RVTrader.com. It took months and months of looking around but it worked. We bought it from a private seller.

Welcome from Georgia! Good luck finding the RV you want. Don't be afraid to buy on line but NEVER pay for the RV until you personally see it and inspect it. There are lots of people trying to scam RV buyers. If a deal seems too good to be true it probably is. Feel free to post ads you like here and we'll look them over for you. If someone of the forum is close maybe they could even go look at it for you?? ;)

Thank you so much for the advice. As I've begun looking, I've concluded that I would definitely need to find someone to help me evaluate any RV I might be interested in. I am concerned about potential hidden issues that I would not have the expertise to look for... especially things like hidden water damage, electrical or plumbing issue and, of course, mechanical/engine issues. Seems to me that there might be professionals out there that I could compensate for giving an RV the needed inspection. Do you know of any? What do most people do when they are looking at a used RV?

Extended warranty companies and most RV dealers can recommend a qualified RV inspector for you. I'd budget around $400-$500 for that.

Latest resources

Back