Coachman
RV Model
Spirit of America
RV Length
27'
Fulltimer
No
Hi everyone and thanks for letting me join

I'm Woody from northern NJ and I'm not new to RV'ing as we did pop-up camping extensively when the kids were little, but I am new to full-size camping. Bought a lite 27 footer and I've been researching sway bars for the back of the truck. I know I need it but can't find the specific type I need. They have both front and back, do I need front and back or just back? It's 4x4 Dakota and I'm using the weight distribution hitch as well. I'll probably upgrade to a bigger truck in the future, but that's what I have right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Welcome @byekryam - great to have you with us.

Welcome

Welcome. A WDH usually does wonders to mitigate the use of sway bars but maybe not always. That said, not sure but I would talk to a 4WD specialty shop that sets up rigs for towing to ask and not a RV dealer.

Since posting this I've opted for the sway bars. I'm also going the route of doing the weight distribution hitch. Going this way I feel I'm covered. Thanks everyone

Welcome from Georgia! As soon as you can afford it you really need to trade up to a Ram 1500 from the Dakota if you're pulling a 27' travel trailer. It will be a lot safer.

Welcome from Georgia! As soon as you can afford it you really need to trade up to a Ram 1500 from the Dakota if you're pulling a 27' travel trailer. It will be a lot safer.

Yes, this is certainly in the future. Thanks

Latest resources

Back