Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mbeard11

RVF Newbee
Hi everyone, I'm Mike..I purchased a 2013 40' Tiffin Phaeton a few months ago. On a recent trip that took us through MD I went through a toll gate with my EZ pass transponder on the front windshield of the RV. I just received a citation in the mail from the Maryland Transit Authority telling me I didn't pay my toll and showing me a picture of the license plate of the vehicle I was towing. The transponder is associated with the RV. Do I have to have one in the towed vehicle as well? I've tried to reach the MTA but they literally told me there is a five hour wait on the phone to talk to someone. Anyone have any experience with this?

Welcome from Wisconsin! Sorry to read about your toll woes!

I wonder if a tow truck has to pay for the toll on what he's hauling? Do semi-tractors get a discount when they don't have a trailer? I would send them a photo of your rig and posse those questions. But don't blame me if you get arrested:unsure:
I don't have to deal with that extra tax here yet but they're trying.

You might could contest in writing rather than wait 5 hours on a phone. My biggest question is what kind of problems and craziness is out there that has a backlog of 5 hours!!!

Welcome from Georgia!

Not sure about that state. Many want to charge for every axle that passes the toll place.

Latest resources

Back