Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rex Franklin

RVF Regular
New member “Rex F.” I live in Virginia Beach, Virginia. I pull a 2018 Coachman, Apex Nano. 20’. I have modified it with a roll up shower door instead of that stupid curtain. Added a TV. Upgraded the Tires first thing. Have 2 spares on the back, instead of 1.
In the process now of installing 2 lithium batteries with a marine cut off switch. Has several positions, # 1 battery, #2 battery, Both batteries, and Off. The marine type switch works really good. Have used it in the past.
I have a 100 watt portable Solar panel to charge the batteries. I have a 2,000 watt inverter and can plug it into the main plug on the side of trailer, and and run the AC in the Trailer ( not the AC unit). Put in the 712 with the shunt, so I can see the battery condition inside the trailer. Got a really nice whole trailer cover that protects it really good.
Still improving as I go along. Will probably increase solar panels in the future. May leave it as is and sell in in a couple of years. Not getting any younger. Still worth a good amount.
Leave your camping site, in better condition than you found it.
Stay Safe out there !!!!
Cheers,
Rex

Welcome Rex!

Thank you.
Pretty new to this.
Bought our first trailer (Nano) in 2018 and we use it 4 times a year. This year, plan on using it more and camping away from the parks. To crowded and has gotten expensive to park the trailer. Packed too close together for me. Want more of the nature experience. Quiet, with nature !
Stay Safe !
Cheers,
Rex

Latest resources

Back