RV Make
Rexall
RV Model
Airbus
RV Length
36'
TOW/TOAD
Chevy truck or trailer with 2 harleys
Hello everyone. I hope everyone is staying safe during these trying times. My wife and I bought our motor home about 10 years ago. We haven't put a lot of miles on it. But, camp in it often. I have been doing some upgrades and could really use some help. I am replacing the power converter from a Magnetek to a Power Max. The problem I am having is the wiring. I have watched many You Tube videos. But have not found one to answer my question. Wiring up the left side the 110 volt is a no brainer. White wire to neutral bus with all the other white wires. The black wire to the breaker. and ground to the ground bus. But, the 12 volt side is what I cant figure out. The new converter has the red positive and black negative coming out the back. The 12 volt fuse panel in the motor home has a red, a white, and a blue wire. I have tried different combinations. Have had power to both sides of the fuses. But, nothing 12 volt in the couch will work. Finally after messing with it for many hours, I put the old one back in and powered all 12 volt things. I'm wanting to replace it because it doesn't charge the batteries as I think it should. And it doesn't put a full 12 volts to run the furnace. It is a 1995 Rexall Airbus. If some one could tell me how to wire the 12 volt side, I would be very thankful. Thank you. Jim

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Welcome to RVForums @YZer. I'm sure some of the electrical experts in the house can help you out. Welcome aboard.

RV Year
RV Make
Rexall
RV Model
Airbus
RV Length
36'
TOW/TOAD
Thank you Neal.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4047
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CR-V
Welcome to RVF, @YZer; glad to have you here with us. There should be someone along soon with some electrical expertise.

TJ

RV Year
RV Make
Rexall
RV Model
Airbus
RV Length
36'
TOW/TOAD
Thank you TJ & LadyDi.